Lenovo launches Android laptop, should MS be worried?

igorhk

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
How many android tablets did Samsung launch? - Countless.
Remember a bike cannot do the task of a tank, if you know what i mean.

But I am quite sure android tablets have already started eating into MS netbook and laptops market share. I am sure many people who bought netbooks few years ago replaced them with Android tablets (or Ipads). The point is I think, many people bought tanks before while they only needed a bike, they just did it before there was not really any other option (Mac is too expensive and Linux were not so user friendly few years ago). But now that the bike is available (cheap android tablets, android laptops, ChromeOS laptops) lots of people will buy this instead of buying a new laptop running windows.

Actually I think MS should be deeply worried and start making windows RT products more affordable (be it a tablet or a laptop). I have a Asus Vivotab RT and really it's quite the perfect mobile solution for me, I really find it very useful and really when I will change it, I will have no problem considering RT again. But primarily I bought it because I found a shop trying to get rid of their stock so it was really cheap (300USD with the keyboard). I would never have bought it for the price Asus was asking for originally (was it 499 or 599?). Same goes for the Surface (ok it's a bit more affordable now).

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
But I am quite sure android tablets have already started eating into MS netbook and laptops market share. I am sure many people who bought netbooks few years ago replaced them with Android tablets (or Ipads). The point is I think, many people bought tanks before while they only needed a bike, they just did it before there was not really any other option (Mac is too expensive and Linux were not so user friendly few years ago). But now that the bike is available (cheap android tablets, android laptops, ChromeOS laptops) lots of people will buy this instead of buying a new laptop running windows.

Actually I think MS should be deeply worried and start making windows RT products more affordable (be it a tablet or a laptop). I have a Asus Vivotab RT and really it's quite the perfect mobile solution for me, I really find it very useful and really when I will change it, I will have no problem considering RT again. But primarily I bought it because I found a shop trying to get rid of their stock so it was really cheap (300USD with the keyboard). I would never have bought it for the price Asus was asking for originally (was it 499 or 599?). Same goes for the Surface (ok it's a bit more affordable now).

Completely agree, the target audience would not be power-users of laptop but those who really need it for very basic needs that can be taken care by a tablet. We have to wait and see how Lenovo keeps the pricing for this. MS still has a lot to do, unifying WIN RT & WP8 is first step towards it. Currently RT doesn't seem to be helping MS in tablet market at all.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just wait to see the Pricing and Sales.. Surely you will change your Theory.
its not same using a Laptop and Android Laptop. many features for the Corporate use requires Windows or Linux Laptops.
may be those who want to buy just something to carry may buy this kind of LAPTOP

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Android Laptops.......................
50_wtf_big_gif.gif

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations,
You've just won yourself "montsa007's - Shooting in the head without leaving bloodstains" award.
A complimentary thank you, and like.
A major reward, you won't be haunted by me.
Kindly pick some flowers from anywhere you like.

The gif made me laugh, a bit :p

How many awards Do you offer?? :winktongue:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
IMO, until data connections are ubiquitous (being able to connect anywhere regardless of who your carrier is), the inherent connectedness of Chrome OS will make it difficult for this to take off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs