an idea for the back button

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Im sure most of you by now know about the idea of removing the functionality of the back button. Well im not with them removing its functionality
But I was just thinking, why not change its functionality ?
You know how in windows 8 you can swipe from the side to switch applications ??
why not make the back button a tool to quickly switch between the open applications. instead of a long press on the back button and scrolling through the opened applaications. (we can close the apps anyways from the multitasking screen)
I know its such a dreamy idea but i would like to believe they will make one

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think their idea of removing it sucks altogether. They said their metrics were showing people weren't getting it? What about those of us who do and use it as it was meant? I guess I've always been very slow to welcome"change."

Your idea is far better than just suddenly making it not exist but still...hmph.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah exactly , im not with the idea of removing the functionality , but what if they will actually do it , they must compromise for the sake of millions of windows phone users that are currently owning WP8 and WP7.x phones
and besides the back button was ALWAYS there , it defines windows phone you cant remove it. Its as important as the bing search button and the start button. It distinguishes Windows phone from the other OSes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos