How to migrate from one WP8 to another?

gdourado07

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
With the presentation of the 1520, I started to wonder how to migrate from a WP8 device to another.
Is there a way to transfer all your data like SMS messages, call logs, photos, videos, contacts, app data, games progress, from a WP8 phone to another?

Cheers!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
With the presentation of the 1520, I started to wonder how to migrate from a WP8 device to another.
Is there a way to transfer all your data like SMS messages, call logs, photos, videos, contacts, app data, games progress, from a WP8 phone to another?

Cheers!

Yes once you turn on the new phone, simply restore from backup. As for photos, videos, app data, game daves etc, no.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Make sure Backup is enabled in Settings on the original phone. I've had to switch phones several times, and everything, including apps were restored effortlessly.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes once you turn on the new phone, simply restore from backup. As for photos, videos, app data, game daves etc, no.

Actually photos and videos can be restored from the backup. And if they don't you can always just upload them to SkyDrive before making the switch and then saving them on to the new phone.

The only major problem is game progress which will reset when restoring a backup. I think it's because, correct me if wrong though, that uninstalling and reinstalling a game will always cause you to lose your data on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077