Xbox Music "Can't play this song" Bug

L2nak

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I've experienced it on every device I've had since they switched over from Zune.

For anyone not familiar with this bug it's one that pops up an error code and forwards to the next song stating that for some reason it feels it can't play the current track. And hitting back to the previous track makes it play fine. There's also a huge discrepancy between Xbox Music sometimes being zippy and doing everything within the app at normal speeds and other times an experience breaking lag where in the best situation, it'll load up the music page after 3-5 seconds, and at the worst kick you back to the Start Screen.

Any information would be helpful. Cheers!

Skeet1981

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I've experienced it on every device I've had since they switched over from Zune.

For anyone not familiar with this bug it's one that pops up an error code and forwards to the next song stating that for some reason it feels it can't play the current track. And hitting back to the previous track makes it play fine. There's also a huge discrepancy between Xbox Music sometimes being zippy and doing everything within the app at normal speeds and other times an experience breaking lag where in the best situation, it'll load up the music page after 3-5 seconds, and at the worst kick you back to the Start Screen.

Any information would be helpful. Cheers!

Happens to me every so often. Happens more frequently in low signal areas so I assume its just a problem retrieving licences for playback OTA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786