Outlook Account / Microsoft Account / Hotmail Account --> I don't get it!!

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I don't understand what's the difference between these accounts on WP8. Could please somebody explain it? Want to migrate my google account to outlook.com, but I don't understand the system from MS yet :/
And another question: When I try do add my Outlook.com account to my L1020 it says it can not find the settings, why??

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your Microsoft Account is your primary account with Microsoft. It's the one that you use for billing and authentication to xbox.com/live.com and other Microsoft services. Typically, you only have one of these accounts.

Your Microsoft account can also be an Outlook.com account. A Hotmail account is what an Outlook.com account was before Outlook.com came along (so if you don't have one, I guess you can ignore that option).

I'm not sure about your error in signing into your Outlook.com account. Are you able to log into Outlook.com on your desktop/laptop computer using the same credentials?

Last edited:

andrewb65

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
But it is pretty crap that you can't merge or link all these accounts.

I've been advising my friends/relatives to think long and hard about what account they're going to register their WP8 device with before doing so. Once you've registered the email address with your phone, the only way to change it is to reflash/reset to factory default and start over.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Your Microsoft Account is your primary account with Microsoft. It's the one that you use for billing and authentication to xbox.com/live.com and other Microsoft Surfaces. Typically, you only have one of these accounts.

Your Microsoft account can also be an Outlook.com account. A Hotmail account is what an Outlook.com account was before Outlook.com came along (so if you don't have one, I guess you can ignore that option).

I'm not sure about your error in signing into your Outlook.com account. Are you able to log into Outlook.com on your desktop/laptop computer using the same credentials?

Thank you very much! Now i got it.
Yes, I can log in into outlook.com from the webpage with the same credentials. I think the problem is, my acc name is the same as my google acc name, which i already have on my phone (that does not work on WP8....). Then i switched the alias in outlook.com but couldn't sign in on my phone. On the webpage I could sign in with the alias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)