Lumia 820 touchscreen not responding after update

steelelfc

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Any help appreciated!

I purchased a used Lumia 820 yesterday and all was well. This morning my phone informed me there was an update available. After updating the touch screen became completely unresponsive.

Hard and soft resets do nothing, and I can't get past the "Welcome to your Windows Phone" welcome screen.

I have done a bit of research and it seems that if the phone has had a non-genuine digitizer replacement, this is likely to happen. Can anyone advise me as I need my phone for work.

Thanks in advance

edv2009

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd contact the seller to see if they've had it replaced. You could try to re-flash the phone with Nokia's Care Suite. If that doesn't work, then hopefully u bought it thru PayPal and have some buyers protection on it.

steelelfc

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately the phone was second hand from a local phone shop. All second hand phones sold there come with no warranty.

Tried flashing through the Nokia Care Suite but I'm not 100% sure which ROM I need to be flashing to roll back the update.

steelelfc

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

Does anybody have an idea what software version precedes 3047.0000.1328.3006 ?

If I could find out I may have a chance of downloading an older ROM

steelelfc

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again for your replies.

Returned it to the shop, They have fitted a genuine digitizer FOC and all is well. Fingers crossed it should be plain sailing from here on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium