(updated: better samples) 4x4 tiles and more startscreen background choices: yay or nay?

jjag520

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all. What do you guys think? :grin:

Lumia-1320.jpg

(custom pictures)
a.jpg

(custom picture-patterns)
b.png

(default themes that could go in several colors)
d.jpg
c.png

Attachments

• Lumia-1320a.jpg
    Lumia-1320a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: 4x4 tiles and more startscreen background choices: yay or nay?

YAY! I just love being able to have a picture as a background. I was waiting for this since WP7

I like the one found on the 4th row, 4th column (white theme w/ grey bg)

Last edited:

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Definitely yay (for me at least). MS are looking to bring WindowsPhone and Windows closer together, so hopefully they give us these options with WP8.1, as they are already available for W8.1.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

I would love to have the choice of a background image for the phablets. On my 620, no.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I'll stay neutral on this one. While it looks good, the custom backgrounds just doesn't cut it. It looks busy as there are some tiles with custom image which conflicts with the bg, but dark solid colors may do fine (like GDR3 multitasking color).

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
More tile size options? Sure. On the bigger screen, the 4x4 looks pretty good. I'm probably the only one but I'd also like a 1x3 or 1x4 option- I'd use this for a mail, message or calendar live tile where I just need to see two or three long strings of text. It could also work well as a divider/header tile (until we can create actual groups like in W8).

Background images? I'm not a fan myself but if that's what people want to do... I wouldn't mind getting a few more color options (maybe gray), but I find images kind of distracting. I love my rotation of lock screen images- and I even find I prefer to keep things simple there- too much stuff and it takes away from the photo. Once I get to Start I don't want further distractions or clutter or tiles clashing with a wallpaper. Going back to my old iPhone I realized I really preferred the stock wallpapers (or something equally unobtrusive).

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
4x4 Tiles are Way to Big for me but the Idea with the Background is really cool!

Also i would like to try the 6 Small Tiles on my 920/1020 if it would be Possible...

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
i don't like the homescreen background pictures. it somehow doesn't look right to me.

solid color backgrounds may look fine, but other than that black/white is enough...

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This gets the most enthusiastic thumbs up ever from me! The large tiles and start screen background have REALLY grown on me in Windows 8.1, and I'd love to see the features make their way to the small screen... I'm already planning my new tile layout and background image in my head!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720