Silence Notifications during the Night

henkew

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Without a LAN line, my cell is the only way family or friends can contact me. I don't want my phone making a racket all night yet I want them to be able to get a hold of me in case of an emergency. Windows Phone is horrible for managing this. It seems like this should be a core feature of a centralized communication device.

Is there an App or better method for managing Do Not Disturb time? I'd sure love to be able to quiet the phone up except for phone calls (or even ones from certain contacts) with one easy button.

Here are the options as they currently stand.

I can easily silence all notifications through Settings/Ringtones and Sounds/ Vibration and Ringer both off. Takes a minimal of four keystrokes, fast easy. Drawback is that nobody can reach me at night.

To keep messaging and cell calls alive, I can disable WiFi and disable data on my cell. This is more of a pain, but at least I don't get data based notifications during the night.

I can also go into Settings/Ringtones and disable notifications for messaging and email by changing the ringtone to none. More keystrokes every morning and night than I think is reasonable for something that should be basic, fast, and easy.

I could also go change all my email accounts to "manual." This would be the most hassle.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
nope there is nothing like profiles or alike at the moment, its one of the biggest things i miss coming from n9 / 808 - where everything was time automated

quickest thing you can do rather than your 4 steps to silent / unsilent your phone, is press a volume key when on lock / start screen - then tap where it says ring / silent to quickly toggle it to one or the other - to save you going through settings all the time

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to automate this at this time. You have to go into ringtone settings and manually check/uncheck the various notifications that you don't want to receive. This is not fixed in GDR3. Hopefully it will be in 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb