The native Bing search app on wp8

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the Bing logo when I hit the search button on wp8 is still the old logo. Is it going to be renewed soon ???

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Considering that the app is mostly a portal to the Bing website, Microsoft could very easily change this and likely will do so soon. I have a feeling that other changes may come along with the rebrading though. I guess we'll see. Either way, I doubt it'll be more than a month or two before it's updated, hopefully less.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
How come WP wasn't priority for a Bing app update? Maybe its just coming with gdr3 or 8.1?

That's what I would guess. The whole GUI for the search would have to be changed, and that can't just be transferred through to the server like what the Bing search categories change did. This visual change will require a firmware update at least, so expect GDR3 to update the Bing logo.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Why would it require dramatic change? The Bing homepage certainly has not changed much aside from the logo. As for the actual search experience, that's all serverside... I don't mean to say that new features requiring a major app update couldn't be coming along with the re-branding, but just changing the app visually could be done very easily.

I still think this change is coming soon. I don't think it will coincide with any OS release either. Odds are this is something that is just going to get rolled out to all WP8 devices whenever Microsoft chooses to do so. I see no reason why this is something that needs to be held up by carrier approval.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven