Signal Problem on Lumia 620

Edward Austin

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I apparently have an unlocked Lumia 620 (Carrier: CV GB).

It works fine with an Orange (EE network) SIM - initially it shows a signal strength with a stop sign over it, but the stop sign disappears within 30 seconds and the phone works OK with GPRS, EDGE and 3G.

I put in my O2 SIM and it boots up fine and even asks me to select Carrier for Data (O2 Prepay GPRS/EDGE/3G) which I do.

Then I get the Signal indicator with a stop sign over it again (circular sign with a diagonal line through it) but it never goes. The stop sign stays!

Sometimes it will show network as O2 UK, sometimes as NO SIM (or not registered or something like that...)

Have tried to manually select network but the same happens, the network shows, I select, and then signal with stop sign through it!

Is my phone really unlocked?

The O2 SIM worked OK in my old Nokia 610.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I apparently have an unlocked Lumia 620 (Carrier: CV GB).

It works fine with an Orange (EE network) SIM - initially it shows a signal strength with a stop sign over it, but the stop sign disappears within 30 seconds and the phone works OK with GPRS, EDGE and 3G.

I put in my O2 SIM and it boots up fine and even asks me to select Carrier for Data (O2 Prepay GPRS/EDGE/3G) which I do.

Then I get the Signal indicator with a stop sign over it again (circular sign with a diagonal line through it) but it never goes. The stop sign stays!

Sometimes it will show network as O2 UK, sometimes as NO SIM (or not registered or something like that...)

Have tried to manually select network but the same happens, the network shows, I select, and then signal with stop sign through it!

Is my phone really unlocked?

The O2 SIM worked OK in my old Nokia 610.

Sounds to me like the sim card is not registered, take the sim card to the carrier/service provider and ask them about it...I bet its not registered, in south Africa all our sim cards have to be registered with RICA or it just says unregistered sim card and you cant use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos