It's a disaster trying to restore my lumia 920

dkxs

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just sent my phone for servicing so all the data were erased and I was told I could EASILY restore my settings and app list later.

So today, I got my phone back. Nokia care changed the battery for me (and it was almost 1 year old!) as well as the screen (my original screen had scratch on it) for free!!!!

However, beside this exciting service offered by Nokia, I was really annoyed by the restoration process!

I restored the phone according to Microsoft's website, and everything went fine initially until I noticed something very awkward: I have 240+ apps downloading that "require attention" in the store.

Obviously the app listing restoration was not successful. So I tapped on those problematic downloads and a message popped out "You need to accept the Store's Terms of Use to download this app."

WHAT????

This is supposed to be a restoration of my apps, and should be an AUTOMATIC process. There was no option for me to accept "Store's Terms of Use" before downloading and I don't know what to do now. All my app downloads are paused and I cannot remove them from the list easily (have to long press ONE BY ONE). This is really really very annoying.

Could anybody advise me what to do or is this a BUG of windows phone OS?

Dineshlal Thorali

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Try to sync your MSFT account once. You download any new app from the store prior restoring it. I think it will start to download if you initiate it by downloading some new app once from the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon