No memory left, but no APP installed - help!

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20131101_0002.jpg

I deleted all the files on my SD card, all the media files on my phone memory.

Now, when I open the photo app, all the albums are still there, 'updating', then when I open one, there are 4 copies of each picture! I have no idea when they're stored (in the 'Other' directory, probably!)

I tried Shrink Storage, without avail.

It quickly goes down to 0.00mb left, then I have to delete pictures manually from the phone (they can't be accessed from a computer when the phone is connected) then I can't even receive or send text messages, or take pictures.

What on earth can I do about that? I'm hoping someone can help.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What OS version are you using? GDR3 has fixed other storage issue. Other than that you are in for a hard reset I think. Unless the community comes up with some creative ideas.

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Ativ S, and I did all the automatic updates available. Is there a way for me to check which version I am using?

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
My OS version after reset is 8.0.10327.77, which apparently is GDR2.

When I search for a phone update, it says no update is available. How can I go to GDR3? Is it even available?

Thanks

Twyll

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I opened an account to access the early release, which I couldn't access otherwise. I installed it and the management of memory looks clearer. I hope it will resist the test of time now.
The whole thing was quite stressful, I realised I missed many text messages and phone calls, and that some of my emails were never sent. A bit fed up.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs