Data Sense suddenly appeared on Vodafone UK 8x after running Connection Setup app

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Update 3 installs it regardless of carrier.

Updated my 8X yesterday in the US on AT&T and I'm not seeing Data Sense. I have it on my AT&T Lumia 920, but I had to flash the Euro dev rom on it to get it. Is there something I'm missing on my 8X?? Somewhere I need to look??

Thanks

Stu Malin

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can you see an app called Connection Setup in the HTC section on the Store? Install it and run it, choose your carrier, that's what I did and I've been after Data Sense for months

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, can you see an app called Connection Setup in the HTC section on the Store? Install it and run it, choose your carrier, that's what I did and I've been after Data Sense for months

Yep... downloaded that app and tried it out, but got this message: Warning. No database available on this device. Connection Setup will be closed. �� Oh, well. Thanks for trying to help.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if related to Update 3, but Data Sense working and available now ��

Same here, unlocked 8x with Vodafone.
I did a full factory reset without the sim card, recoverd the backup and apps. later on i inserted the simcard and saw datasense in my applist after a while.

In my case it didn't relate with the connection setup directly, i want to start the connection setup right now, i can an error message, that there is no sim, airplane mode of bad pin, but only in this app.

matheee

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! I tried it - it is the comnection setup!

I'm from Italy, none of our carriers offers DataSense. So my HTC 8X didnt show it.
I've downloaded "Connection setup" and installed the settings for "Germany; O2 Prepaid" (I know they offer DataSense).
Already when I closed the connection setup DataSense was there (switching back to e.g. VodafoneIT deletes it again).

The only important thing is: You have to insert your connection settings manually. Over here in Italy it's just the APN you have to type in "Settings > Network > Internet settings". Once you saved your own settings, your phone will connect to these and not to those from O2 (or any other carrier) anymore. Hope I could have helped you!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that worked! This is huge. I've got an unbranded 8X on O2 UK. I ran Connection Setup, selected Manual Select > Deutschland > O2 Post pay and let it work its magic. I actually cancelled the action to reboot to complete the setup and DataSense is here at last. Thank-you!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if related to Update 3, but Data Sense working and available now 😊

Wish I had tried this when GDR2 was released, might have saved me trying to get it by hard-reset which obviously failed. Lost all my saved game data again. But this find more than makes up for it.

Chadm10

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a SIM-free 8X currently in use on Vodafone UK, and when I attempt to access Connection Setup, which to my knowledge has been there since originally got the phone when it first came out, I get the following error:

"Warning: There is no SIM card, PIN code has not been entered or the phone is in airplane mode. Please insert SIM card, enter PIN code or turn off airplane mode to use Connection Setup".

That is strange for the following reasons:

1. There is a SIM inserted and it is online. I have all network services available.
2. No SIM card PIN has ever been in use on the SIM, nor a security code on the handset.
3. Flight mode is not active.

I only wanted to try it to see if I have Data Sense available, so that I can attempt to tell which update my phone is currently running! :cry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa