Is your IE background web pages really loading?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Im using Lumia 820 with GDR3 Developer preview.. Recently i discovered that the web pages i open on IE, and send to background for viewing later are actually not loading completely in the background.. Like say, only when i open them again(even after ample time) it start loading.. Is it the same with you guys?
Does UC browser has the same problem?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Im using Lumia 820 with GDR3 Developer preview.. Recently i discovered that the web pages i open on IE, and send to background for viewing later are actually not loading completely in the background.. Like say, only when i open them again(even after ample time) it start loading.. Is it the same with you guys?
Does UC browser has the same problem?

This is how Windows Phone 8 works. Its not a GDR3 issue. The same happens in GDR2 too. You might wanna read this:
An explanation why WP is "slow at multitasking" (spoiler: its not) : windowsphone

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Multitasking is just an illusion. We don't need multitasking on a phone. We need background running apps, yes and no. But we don't need multitasking because it doesn't exists.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Did you even put any thought into what you said?

Sorry I got carried away. No offense.

I'm just sick of users who think multitasking is best demonstrated by having two apps showing on a smartphone running at the same time.

Its all just background apps in different states. In reality, we don't multitask as much as we think. And its probably less efficient too.

Hope we're cool.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Its all just background apps in different states. In reality, we don't multitask as much as we think. And its probably less efficient too. Hope we're cool.

I still disagree with you. You can see true multitasking in WebOS, Meego, Symbian, Sailfish OS and even iOS 7 does that now (as far as I've heard). You can't say I've a smartphone if it doesn't do multitasking. Even Asha phones have background apps but they're still called featurephones. I hope you get my point.

PS: We were always cool.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Updates download and install in the background. That's all the "multitasking" 99% of users need imo.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok, got it. Maybe I'm not hoping for Windows Phone to change the way they handle background apps the same way Android or iOS does. It was the one thing I am really impressed in it from the beginning.

P.S: We're cool with our Windows Phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon