I'm 17, and my dad doesn't really monitor what I do on my phone anymore. I tried to get rid of My Family so I can actually download stuff (I had to accept the Terms of Use, but I figured, it might be easier to just get rid of My Family altogether). But now that I did, it says that I need to set up My Family before downloading and updating apps. What do I do?
    imran khan68 likes this.
    11-03-2013 11:45 AM
    You haveto go to his account and enable app downloads in My Family section. Otherwise, just create a new account? :P.
    11-03-2013 11:52 AM
    But I don't want it at all. Do I have to have it, or is there a way to bypass the My Family, being under 18?
    11-03-2013 11:59 AM
    I giggled. "get rid of my family."
    11-03-2013 12:03 PM
    I have been trying to do the same thing. I called in and asked if there was anyway i can take it off since I'm 17 also all they said its something in the phone that needs to be taken off so the best thing you can do is probably take it to a place that can do that for you like the company to your phone.
    06-02-2014 11:16 AM
    I giggled. "get rid of my family."

*reports thread to authorities*
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-02-2014 12:44 PM
    I found it easiest to just create a bogus account and make it your parent, then mess with the controls as you see fit from there on.
    06-02-2014 05:11 PM
    Somewhat unrelated, but I found this pretty amusing.

I just got an Xbox One and was buying some DLC, when my son walks by and sits on the couch next to me. The Xbox One recognized him, signed him in and proceeded to hide almost everything in the store, preventing me from buying the DLC I wanted to purchase. I had to tell my son to stand to the side, outside of the Kinect's view and sign him out, just to make my purchases.

I later found the option in the settings to disable the Xbox One from hiding content deemed not suitable for my son (based on the settings I chose) from showing up whenever he is logged in.
    06-02-2014 05:32 PM
    Somewhat unrelated, but I found this pretty amusing.

I just got an Xbox One and was buying some DLC, when my son walks by and sits on the couch next to me. The Xbox One recognized him, signed him in and proceeded to hide almost everything in the store, preventing me from buying the DLC I wanted to purchase. I had to tell my son to stand to the side, outside of the Kinect's view and sign him out, just to make my purchases.

I later found the option in the settings to disable the Xbox One from hiding content deemed not suitable for my son (based on the settings I chose) from showing up whenever he is logged in.
    That would be neat if it could do that with nudity in movies.

Young child walks in... naughty bits automatically blurred. lol
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-02-2014 05:39 PM
    It's easy. Set your age to 18 years (or whatever the acceptable age is in your country) on your Microsoft Account.

Now you don't need "My Family" to download apps.
    06-02-2014 05:41 PM
    It's easy. Set your age to 18 years (or whatever the acceptable age is in your country) on your Microsoft Account.

Now you don't need "My Family" to download apps.
    I'm pretty sure I found somewhere it wasn't that simple, I don't really remember though. I probably would've done that if I could.
    But this was last September.
    06-02-2014 08:50 PM
    I'm pretty sure I found somewhere it wasn't that simple, I don't really remember though. I probably would've done that if I could.
    But this was last September.
    That said, having access to my dad's account helped a lot...
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-02-2014 11:21 PM
    I'm 17, and my dad doesn't really monitor what I do on my phone anymore. I tried to get rid of My Family so I can actually download stuff (I had to accept the Terms of Use, but I figured, it might be easier to just get rid of My Family altogether). But now that I did, it says that I need to set up My Family before downloading and updating apps. What do I do?
    08-06-2015 12:07 PM
    I want to get rid of My Family because I'm only 17 and dad doesn't care what I do on the internet. So I want get rid of My Family
    07-02-2018 04:54 AM