Me tile displaying old picture

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I update my profile picture using my 920 a couple of days ago. On my laptop and on Facebook the correct picture is displayed, but on the phone its showing one I really don't want to see. Any one know how I can get the right one up?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same thing a few weeks ago. This is how I fixed mine.... not too sure if it is the actual solution, but it worked for me. First, I went to Facebook on a computer and logged into my account. I located the profile picture that was incorrectly showing up on my phone and deleted it from my Facebook page. Then, I used my 920 to choose my new profile picture as I normally would. This fixed the problem, and the incorrect picture did not show up any more. Hope it works for you too.

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It's an issue with all the contacts in your People hub, not just the Me tile. The picture is set to whatever the cover thumbnail is in their "Profile Pictures" album, rather than the newest picture. Those used to be the same thing, but Facebook must have made a change in the last month so that the cover photo is not updated with the profile photo. I emailed Facebook support about it and unsurprisingly didn't receive a response. Microsoft's Windows Phone twitter account said they were aware of the problem and looking into it.

RoboMWM

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I too have experience this with my new WP8 device this week. It does not appear to occur on my WP7 device. It does affect all other facebook profiles.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre