I am sure many here have helped someone not technology gifted to setup their WP and home screen. Please MS, add a feature to lock the tiles, so that no tiles can be removed, resized or added.
    11-04-2013 10:38 PM
    Beats the whole purpose of having the metro ui interface, example if i want to quickly pin a place from the map or a website, etc.
    11-04-2013 11:01 PM
    Don't think that will help. For the same reason, these people might get frustrated when they accidentally locked the start screen and never know how to unlock it.
    11-05-2013 01:05 AM
    i don't understand the point of it, tbh.
    11-05-2013 06:09 PM
    I see no reason of this... If I want to resize or do something to my tiles I do it... It never happened by accident lol
    11-05-2013 06:56 PM
    I've actually had a couple occasions where my phone became unlocked in my pocket, and I pull it out to find several of my tiles scattered around, yes.

But I don't think I need a "lock tile" function as much as I need something to keep the phone itself locked in my pocket. At least a couple times a day, I hear the sound emanating from my pocket; "Sorry, couldn't hear anything... Try saying 'mom'..."

^^^THAT.... gets really aggravating! I've tried setting the touch sensitivity to normal. Turned double tap to wake OFF. And still, it manages to unlock in my pocket and starts searching for things.
    11-05-2013 11:18 PM
    ^^

Add unlock pin? And disable speech when phone is locked?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-06-2013 08:17 AM
    My kids have managed to mess with my tiles a couple of times, so i definitely see the point in this.

Personally, i don't change my tile lay out often, so having something in the settings, to lock the layout would be good.

Or maybe go the Apple route, and enable users to store their layout (and play with it) via the PC app, so we can store our layouts. Which becomes even more of a plus when you move to a new handset.
    Chris_Kez likes this.
    11-06-2013 08:36 AM
    It's called "kids corner"
    11-06-2013 08:51 AM
    Or maybe go the Apple route, and enable users to store their layout (and play with it) via the PC app, so we can store our layouts. Which becomes even more of a plus when you move to a new handset.
    I would love to see them do something like this. Much easier to drag stuff around on a computer where you can probably view even a relatively long start screen. And I wish our start screens and app data was all backed up as well. I'd love to see them allow full backup and restore from SkyDrive (obviously with an option to do full backup via USB cable to a computer). How awesome would it be to buy a new phone, pop in the SIM, enter your account and be able to completely recreate your old device. My understanding is that Windows 8 has the same vision- log into your MS account on any Win8 computer and it basically becomes "your" computer.
    11-06-2013 10:11 AM