Conference call Private button not working

Yogi76

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just on a call and used my phone to conference two calls together using the "Merge calls" button. When I was done with the conference call, I went to separate the calls by using the Private button but it didn't work correctly. When I hit private, it brought up a screen that asked me to choose the call I wanted to take private, but when I pressed the number it still remained in a conference. I couldn't separate the calls back to two individual calls. I know I had used the functionality back in the day on my old Dell Venue Pro running WP7, but now it doesn't seem to work correctly on my Nokia Lumia 925. Any ideas?

Yogi76

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I saw that page on Microsoft's site, as well. When I pressed the number, it took me back to the call but still showed "Conference call" at the top. I've tried it again with other calls and it still does the same thing. It appears that the function to separate a conference call is simply broken on my phone. I am running a T-Mobile branded Lumia 925 with Update 3 installed. Can anyone else try it out on their phone and see if it works?

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok I gave it a try...
sucessfully made a Conf call to two numbers, both live. Then selected one number to try to make 'private' but both numbers were still live. So no joy. Note: I did not see any 'private' button to select(as per help page info) and just selected one of the Conf #s which gave me the 'choose call' page, then selected a # but I still had the 'Conf' indicator at the top and both conf # live. So yeah, same as you.

However at that MS 'How-to' page there was this text...
-----------------------
You can only have a private conversation during a conference call on certain kinds of cellular networks. So on some phones, the Private button won't display during a conference call.
--------------------

So I'm guessing it's the cellular network protocol that is preventing the 'private' choice. I'm on Verizon running GDR2

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe that separating conferenced calls is a GSM feature. Verizon, not using GSM phone features, doesn't have that ability. If that memory is correct, things might improve when Verizon switches to Voice over LTE since LTE is a successor to GSM, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon