External Antenna For Use With FM Radio On WP Devices

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this, it looks really interesting! It'd be cool to hear from someone that bought one, if there's anyone out there?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It looks interesting, but for two things. One, I have a Lumia 928, so no radio. :cry: Two, I believe that plugging it in would automatically divert the audio to the headphone jack, so you wouldn't hear anything. I wonder how this works on other phones. We don't have a setting to choose output mode. Do they?

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep...
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/237763-2.htm#post2148496

The phone speaker is toggled thru the Radio App controls (tap on station # or radio dial) to bring up options: 'pin to start', settings, switch to headset/speaker'...so yes, the OP's antenna would work and allow you to listen thru the phone speaker. But ANY plug-in will work...I use a spare 'line out'(double male plug) to work in providing for antenna purposes to enable the Radio.

O/T ... I also use the line-out to connect thru my PC speakers to listen to both the Radio as well as phone music files.
*bonus* when using as a line out thru the PC speakers to play phone music files ... if ... you have 'Beats Audio' on your phone, you now can hear the Beats Audio thru your PC speakers. The phone Radio does not play the Beats Audio.(even tho enabled in settings) either thru the phone speaker or the PC speaker output. So no Radio Beats Audio, but you can listen to your phone music files in Beats Audio if desired. Now listening to radio audio files rather than just direct from your PC seems a needless roundabout , but it's there if you want/need it for whatever reason (eg music file on phone but not on PC, want phone music playlist running etc). Just another option. HTC 8X in use here.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Not really useful unless you're listening through phone speaker only, there needed to be a way to still connect headphones or something to it.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I found an app today and it doesn't need an antenna to play radio. Here is the link-
FM Radio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
But I still think you need to plug in a headset or other mini-jack cable. Reviews mention the need for a headset, and the screenshots show it cannot play via the external speaker due to API restrictions. So it basically has the same "antenna" requirement as the built in radio player.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But I still think you need to plug in a headset or other mini-jack cable. Reviews mention the need for a headset, and the screenshots show it cannot play via the external speaker due to API restrictions. So it basically has the same "antenna" requirement as the built in radio player.

No it is able to play radio without any antenna. I am using it for 2days now.

Fired from my Lumia 820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa