I haven't personally tested this out, but thought it might be of interest for some of you folks that frequently use your phone's FM Radio on speaker. I assume something like this might offer improved reception compared to just plugging in headphones. Plus I just love the visual mash-up of old and new technology. :)

Amazon.com: 3.5mm FM Radio Antenna for Mobile Cell Phone 8.5cm/21cm: Electronics
    11-06-2013 11:57 AM
    Thanks for sharing this, it looks really interesting! It'd be cool to hear from someone that bought one, if there's anyone out there?
    11-06-2013 01:20 PM
    It looks interesting, but for two things. One, I have a Lumia 928, so no radio. Two, I believe that plugging it in would automatically divert the audio to the headphone jack, so you wouldn't hear anything. I wonder how this works on other phones. We don't have a setting to choose output mode. Do they?
    11-06-2013 01:41 PM
    Splitter hopmedic
    11-06-2013 01:44 PM
    We do have a setting to use the speakers with the radio.
    11-06-2013 01:53 PM
    Yep...
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...tm#post2148496

The phone speaker is toggled thru the Radio App controls (tap on station # or radio dial) to bring up options: 'pin to start', settings, switch to headset/speaker'...so yes, the OP's antenna would work and allow you to listen thru the phone speaker. But ANY plug-in will work...I use a spare 'line out'(double male plug) to work in providing for antenna purposes to enable the Radio.

O/T ... I also use the line-out to connect thru my PC speakers to listen to both the Radio as well as phone music files.
    *bonus* when using as a line out thru the PC speakers to play phone music files ... if ... you have 'Beats Audio' on your phone, you now can hear the Beats Audio thru your PC speakers. The phone Radio does not play the Beats Audio.(even tho enabled in settings) either thru the phone speaker or the PC speaker output. So no Radio Beats Audio, but you can listen to your phone music files in Beats Audio if desired. Now listening to radio audio files rather than just direct from your PC seems a needless roundabout , but it's there if you want/need it for whatever reason (eg music file on phone but not on PC, want phone music playlist running etc). Just another option. HTC 8X in use here.
    vipresh and Bo like this.
    11-06-2013 02:50 PM
    Splitter hopmedic
    DOH! Yeah.

We do have a setting to use the speakers with the radio.
    We do? I have a 928, so no radio, so can't get there, but I didn't know it was there. Good to know. Thanks.
    11-06-2013 02:51 PM
    Not really useful unless you're listening through phone speaker only, there needed to be a way to still connect headphones or something to it.
    11-06-2013 08:36 PM
    I found an app today and it doesn't need an antenna to play radio. Here is the link-
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...3-08fb2ab67195

Fired from my Lumia 820
    11-06-2013 11:12 PM
    I found an app today and it doesn't need an antenna to play radio. Here is the link-
    FM Radio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    But I still think you need to plug in a headset or other mini-jack cable. Reviews mention the need for a headset, and the screenshots show it cannot play via the external speaker due to API restrictions. So it basically has the same "antenna" requirement as the built in radio player.
    11-07-2013 10:52 AM
    But I still think you need to plug in a headset or other mini-jack cable. Reviews mention the need for a headset, and the screenshots show it cannot play via the external speaker due to API restrictions. So it basically has the same "antenna" requirement as the built in radio player.

No it is able to play radio without any antenna. I am using it for 2days now.

Fired from my Lumia 820
    11-07-2013 01:31 PM
    No it is able to play radio without any antenna. I am using it for 2days now.

Fired from my Lumia 820
    This screenshot begs to differ:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ZFSPrs1jfw&v=3

That's the FM Radio app showing that it needs an antenna to use it!!
    Chris_Kez likes this.
    11-07-2013 02:00 PM
    Thanks so much for that tip. I did not know you could switch your output to your speakerphone.
    11-07-2013 02:15 PM