Smarter battery usage in WP8 (similar to juice defender on android)

davy78

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it is allowed to post WP suggestion box items here, but i guess i could simply try and find out :)

Separate "highest connection speed" for standby and unlocked. – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

I recently purchased a 925, and in the beginning the battery life was horrible. That issue seems to have fixed itsself by now (although i did disable a few features), but i did notice that 2G vs 3G makes a big difference in power consumption. Therefore i posted the suggestion above. Basically: the idea is to have 2 connection speed settings:
- one for when the phone is locked, in standby
- and another one for when the phone is unlocked.

So, the phone would use the less power hungry 2G in standby. Live tiles would update over this slower 2G connection.
When unlocking the phone, browsing and such would work over the faster and more power hungry 3G connection.

If you feel this would be a feature you'd use (or at least try), go spend some votes ;)

Mods: if this is against the rules, feel free to delete!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it is allowed to post WP suggestion box items here, but i guess i could simply try and find out :)

Separate "highest connection speed" for standby and unlocked. – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

I recently purchased a 925, and in the beginning the battery life was horrible. That issue seems to have fixed itsself by now (although i did disable a few features), but i did notice that 2G vs 3G makes a big difference in power consumption. Therefore i posted the suggestion above. Basically: the idea is to have 2 connection speed settings:
- one for when the phone is locked, in standby
- and another one for when the phone is unlocked.

So, the phone would use the less power hungry 2G in standby. Live tiles would update over this slower 2G connection.
When unlocking the phone, browsing and such would work over the faster and more power hungry 3G connection.

If you feel this would be a feature you'd use (or at least try), go spend some votes ;)

Mods: if this is against the rules, feel free to delete!

Its no Use for me as I m mostly in regions with 2G only :p
Still voted for the good idea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss