Some questions concerning contacts...

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Bringing in contacts from Google, will my WP8 not be able to import the contact photos there? If not, does anyone know of any way to extract them from Google?
My live account contacts are showing my Skype contacts. Is there any way to NOT have these accounts linked? Am I missing something about why I would want them synced?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bringing in contacts from Google, will my WP8 not be able to import the contact photos there? If not, does anyone know of any way to extract them from Google?
My live account contacts are showing my Skype contacts. Is there any way to NOT have these accounts linked? Am I missing something about why I would want them synced?

I can answer the second part.
When you are in the people hub or contact list whatever you call it, look for the 3 dots on your right bottom corner. Go into settings and filter off the contact list you don't want. Therefore before you starts to import all your contacts, make sure they are under one of the MS account you preferred, if not, its a mess to isolated them after you load them all.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just had something even weirder happen...
My wife and I got the SAME phone, I transferred both of our contacts from Google, and all of a sudden the contacts that she had with photos all showed up and mine are still not showing up. So clearly, you CAN import contacts with their photos, but I can't make it happen on my phone. Anyone have any idea about this?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just had something even weirder happen...
My wife and I got the SAME phone, I transferred both of our contacts from Google, and all of a sudden the contacts that she had with photos all showed up and mine are still not showing up. So clearly, you CAN import contacts with their photos, but I can't make it happen on my phone. Anyone have any idea about this?

Did you wait ssometime? When I add a contact in my outlook account, it does not immediately show up in my phone.

Also , is one of the phone connected to WiFi and the other is not? It might not download photos unless you are on WiFi.

Just some thought that might help. I have no idea.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Figured it out. (For the less than 5 other people out there who actually care. :grin: )
My wife had added her actual gmail account on the Lumia to monitor some emails that were connected to her Android account, we still have a tablet. Upon doing this, the Lumia linked her Google contacts with her Windows Phone contacts (same .csv file) and it brought up the photos.
So, the way this works then (after some tests)
- When a new photo is taken, it will override the Google photo
- To do any editing to the Google contact photo, you have to go into Gmail online
- When you go into People, the contact itself won't actually show the photo of the person. It will only show in the live tile because the editable contact info is the Microsoft contact which is only LINKED to the Google one and therefore can't EDIT the Google one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans