Phone not recognized by Windows Phone app

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Lumia 920 with GDR3 (preview), and today I noticed that the phone is not recognized anymore by the Windows Phone app for desktop, neither by the metro one.
Also, it doesn't appear in My computer (This PC) anymore for browsing their folder through file explorer.
(I'm running Windows 8.1 pro x64)

You may think this is a connectivity problem, but visual studio recognize it correctly and it's able to deploy and debug applications... so the problem must be somewhere else.

Do you know anything about this and maybe how to solve it?
Thanks

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
More info:
it seems to be a driver problem, but the throubleshooter already tried to reinstall it without fixing the problem.

Untitled.jpg

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I never used WMP to sync music with wp8, so I don't know how its recognition should appear... anyway, I opened it and I didn't find anything about my phone.
Also, one of the first things I did was trying uninstalling and reinstalling windows phone app for desktop... didn't solve of course.

EDIT:
I found the Sync tab in WMP. Nothing appears there.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I never used WMP to sync music with wp8, so I don't know how its recognition should appear... anyway, I opened it and I didn't find anything about my phone.
Also, one of the first things I did was trying uninstalling and reinstalling windows phone app for desktop... didn't solve of course.

EDIT:
I found the Sync tab in WMP. Nothing appears there.
Assuming your phone is connected, does the computer even recognize your phone?

As in, it appears under devices when you use PC Settings.

If it is, try checking the background processes in the PC. Something may be amiss.

Though, my assumption is that it has something to do with being dev unlocked.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my PC recognize my phone... it appears in Device Manager and in Device and Printers. It appears also in the "Safely remove hardware" menu.

Anyway, my phone has always been dev unlocked, and this is the first time the synchronization doesn't work.
Although I do it very rarely; I don't even remember last time I synced stuff... it could have been before GDR3 or even before 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99