Ringtone "Call from" Setting

Mike Sullivan2

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
So whenever I get a call from someone it will do my ringtone for like 3 seconds, then it will start saying "call from" and then it will say the name. How do I turn it off. It is annoying and I want my own ringtone to play, not something else that I can barely hear. I have an HTC Windows Phone 8x

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So whenever I get a call from someone it will do my ringtone for like 3 seconds, then it will start saying "call from" and then it will say the name. How do I turn it off. It is annoying and I want my own ringtone to play, not something else that I can barely hear. I have an HTC Windows Phone 8x

Same answer for every phone, doesn't depend on the model.

Go to Settings, Ease of Access, and then toggle the option for "Speech for phone accessibility". You will notice in the description that it is "announcing caller ID".

EDIT: Sorry, but got a laugh out of your name. Just watched Monsters University this weekend and the main characters are Mike [Wazowski] and [James] Sullivan. :D

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems that it does matter which phone, that option does not appear on my 520.

Thanks for the confirmation!
I didn't expect it to matter because that feature was on my Samsung Focus (WP7) and now my Lumia 920. So...no idea why it wouldn't be included on the economy line too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720