I need help changing my Yahoo Mail password

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am having trouble updating my Yahoo Mail password. I read that to change the password, I go to Settings > email + accounts then I touch and hold on the Yahoo! Mail option. I cannot do this because my Yahoo Mail says it's syncing and I'm unsure how to stop this. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, even after restarting, I go back to Settings > email + accounts and it's grayed out and still says syncing. The only idea I come up with is to do a factory reset but I don't want to do that.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Will yahoo let you change your password back to the old one? Maybe you can delete it from your phone, change the password and add it back.

You really shouldnt have to do all of that though.

How long have you let it sit on the page syncing?

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It won't let me delete Yahoo Mail from my phone. In the email + accounts page, I have add an account, Microsoft account, Yahoo Mail and my business email. When I touch and hold Microsoft account, I have the option to Sync. When I touch and hold my business email, I can sync or delete. Yahoo Mail is grayed out and when I touch and hold, nothing happens. Underneath where it says Yahoo Mail, it continues to say syncing. I left it to see if it would do anything but when I unlock my phone again, it has me back in the Settings page.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it keeps trying to use your old password and it is getting rejected. Go to a computer and try to change your pw back and see if your phone works.

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I've had this phone for 4 months now and I'm kinda regretting it. I switched from Android and since I switched, I noticed there's not really any good apps for WP and then I ran into this issue. If I could get this fixed, I'd be a little happier with it. Really don't want to switch back to my Android.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I've had this phone for 4 months now and I'm kinda regretting it. I switched from Android and since I switched, I noticed there's not really any good apps for WP and then I ran into this issue. If I could get this fixed, I'd be a little happier with it. Really don't want to switch back to my Android.

Which apps are you looking for? Try what I suggested to see if that help with your yahoo account.

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm working on that right now. For apps, Facebook would be nice. I have the Facebook app released by Microsoft but I don't get notifications or messages until a while later. If someone sent me a message right now, I probably wouldn't get it for a few hours. The longest it took to get a message to my phone was around 16 hours. Some good games would be nice too for when I'm on break at work. I haven't found many good ones.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried your solution but it's telling me my previous password for Yahoo Mail is too weak.

Maybe add your Yahoo account again with the new password...I personally havent had this issue before when changing passwords on accounts.

BTW, have you had any affect on your battery life during this time?

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Maybe add your Yahoo account again with the new password...I personally havent had this issue before when changing passwords on accounts.

BTW, have you had any affect on your battery life during this time?

For mobile games, I'm not sure what type I like really. I haven't played that many. I just like some that are time wasters during break to keep me occupied. About my battery life, I haven't had any problems with that. That's one of my main reasons of switching to WP. My battery will last me from 5AM until I go to sleep at 10PM and still have just under half left.

I will try your idea about adding Yahoo Mail again.

I just tried and it's telling me I can't set up the account because it already exists.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
For mobile games, I'm not sure what type I like really. I haven't played that many. I just like some that are time wasters during break to keep me occupied. About my battery life, I haven't had any problems with that. That's one of my main reasons of switching to WP. My battery will last me from 5AM until I go to sleep at 10PM and still have just under half left.

I will try your idea about adding Yahoo Mail again.

Hopefully we can come up with something that will prevent having to reset your phone. I know how annoying that can be.

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just found something and I'm going to try it. It says by putting the phone in battery saver mode, it will prevent it from syncing. I'm gonna see if that's true. It says also that Skype may be causing the problem and I do have Skype installed. I'll give it a shot and let you know if I got it fixed.

For some odd reason, this time when I did a restart, it allowed me to delete Yahoo Mail. I successfully deleted it an set it up again using my current password.

Thank you for all your help and time.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I never would have thought about that. If it works, definitely add the solution to your original post. I doubt you are the only person with this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786