Verge claiming iPhone 5s camera better than 1520 ??

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, what do you expect :)) It's a Nokia Lumia 1520 running WP8 from Microsoft that's reviewed by The Verge.
I, actually, surprised that they gave that high score to 1520 :)) I expected a lot lower from The Verge. And of course, I won't expect the proof of any comparison to iPhone in that review article... Until they have time to mess up the image, PP it then upload it to their site to "re-confirm" their discoveries :3

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, what do you expect :)) It's a Nokia Lumia 1520 running WP8 from Microsoft that's reviewed by The Verge.
I, actually, surprised that they gave that high score to 1520 :)) I expected a lot lower from The Verge. And of course, I won't expect the proof of any comparison to iPhone in that review article... Until they have time to mess up the image, PP it then upload it to their site to "re-confirm" their discoveries :3
:p

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually what they said is that the Lumia 1520 lost to the iPhone5S in low light situations which it can be true, due to the iPhone5s having a 2.2 aperture vs the 1520's 2.4, they also acknowledge that it did not 'hold a candle' to the lumia 1020. So lets be objective.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually what they said is that the Lumia 1520 lost to the iPhone5S in low light situations which it can be true, due to the iPhone5s having a 2.2 aperture vs the 1520's 2.4, they also acknowledge that it did not 'hold a candle' to the lumia 1020. So lets be objective.

A 1/3 stop of aperture cannot justify the OIS (v.2 eh?) performance on 1520 since 1520 can suffer from longer shutter speed than iP5s can dream, not the mention the Pureview with 20mp to 5mp to reduce noise level so the ISO can be higher too :D And they don't have a single example to prove their statement while other reviewers said the otherwise (even Engadget, or iGadget, said otherwise).

Of course the 1520 cannot compete with 1020 in detail level or noise. But still, the OIS on 1520 seem to be very effective. Well, I guess we just need to wait for some real professional comparisons, not just some proofless statements from an "also to know as iReviewer" site.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
A 1/3 stop of aperture cannot justify the OIS (v.2 eh?) performance on 1520 since 1520 can suffer from longer shutter speed than iP5s can dream, not the mention the Pureview with 20mp to 5mp to reduce noise level so the ISO can be higher too :D And they don't have a single example to prove their statement while other reviewers said the otherwise (even Engadget, or iGadget, said otherwise).

Of course the 1520 cannot compete with 1020 in detail level or noise. But still, the OIS on 1520 seem to be very effective. Well, I guess we just need to wait for some real professional comparisons, not just some proofless statements from an "also to know as iReviewer" site.

Yep.

I know some of those words.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05