Is there any alternative for Flash Player?

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've had my Windows Phone for about 4 months now and I noticed since I got the phone, I cannot view content that uses Adobe Flash. There are websites I go to that require Flash and it does not show. Last I've checked, there is no Flash Player for Windows Phones but is there any alternative?

Thank you in advance.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
To Be honest, not even Android supports Flash anymore. All OS's are trying to make the move to HTML5. As a matter of fact, even Adobe themselves have decided to drop support for Flash on mobile. The problem is that many websites haven't made the switch yet.

Although I don't use it, UC Browser is suppose to be able to handle Flash content. Give that a try.

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
To Be honest, not even Android supports Flash anymore. All OS's are trying to make the move to HTML5. As a matter of fact, even Adobe themselves have decided to drop support for Flash on mobile. The problem is that many websites haven't made the switch yet.

Although I don't use it, UC Browser is suppose to be able to handle Flash content. Give that a try.

Thank you, I will give it a try. I don't understand why Windows PC can have Flash but not Windows Phone. Androids today still have it that I know of. My neighbor just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it plays Flash content fine. It will be nice if websites start switching it to HTML 5 soon.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've had my Windows Phone for about 4 months now and I noticed since I got the phone, I cannot view content that uses Adobe Flash. There are websites I go to that require Flash and it does not show. Last I've checked, there is no Flash Player for Windows Phones but is there any alternative?

Thank you in advance.

after 4 months you've noticed that there's no flash support?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Flash eventually dies on the desktop too. It has long been a resource hog and security problem. This is just the latest issue, but Adobe Flash has been exploited for years.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I will give it a try. I don't understand why Windows PC can have Flash but not Windows Phone. Androids today still have it that I know of. My neighbor just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it plays Flash content fine. It will be nice if websites start switching it to HTML 5 soon.

My wife has a Google Nexus 4 and a buddy of mine has a Google Nexus 5. Neither of them support Flash natively. Your neighbor must have downloaded an app or browser that supports Flash content. None of it really matters though. Adobe (the creators of Flash) themselves have stopped support for mobile platforms. HTML5 is suppose to be the "future". There is just a slow transition to it. Many websites are still using Flash. Maybe others here can chime in with alternative browsers that can help you view Flash.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a Google Nexus 4 and a buddy of mine has a Google Nexus 5. Neither of them support Flash natively. Your neighbor must have downloaded an app or browser that supports Flash content. None of it really matters though. Adobe (the creators of Flash) themselves have stopped support for mobile platforms. HTML5 is suppose to be the "future". There is just a slow transition to it. Many websites are still using Flash. Maybe others here can chime in with alternative browsers that can help you view Flash.

Actually you can still download and install Adobe Flash on any Android phone and install any 3rd party browser that supports the Flash Pluggin (Firefox, Maxthon, Boat, Dolphin, etc).

Adobe Flash is far from death, Hulu is still using Flash and a lot of sites that stream sports and events will never change to HTML5 because is P2P. So saying that Flash will eventually die is just a lie.

But in regards a WP8, do not expect to ever work just like in iOS, unless SkyFire get its browser to WP8 devices which it will likely not happen.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually you can still download and install Adobe Flash on any Android phone and install any 3rd party browser that supports the Flash Pluggin (Firefox, Maxthon, Boat, Dolphin, etc).

Adobe Flash is far from death, Hulu is still using Flash and a lot of sites that stream sports and events will never change to HTML5 because is P2P. So saying that Flash will eventually die is just a lie.

But in regards a WP8, do not expect to ever work just like in iOS, unless SkyFire get its browser to WP8 devices which it will likely not happen.

Flash will die. Adobe realizes it's crap and they don't want to deal with the security exploits anymore. Anyone can tell you how flash content causes their laptops' fan to spin up for something trivially stupid. Html5 will replace the decrepit cesspit that is flash, and it will start in the next few years.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Flash will die. Adobe realizes it's crap and they don't want to deal with the security exploits anymore. Anyone can tell you how flash content causes their laptops' fan to spin up for something trivially stupid. Html5 will replace the decrepit cesspit that is flash, and it will start in the next few years.

Exactly, Flash is fast becoming a legacy plugin on desktops and Flash Mobile has been abandoned by Adobe. Microsoft are the ones that maintain Flash on IE now, not Adobe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire