iOS 7 user getting blank texts from me when I use certain emoticons

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

My friend is using an iPhone, 99% certain iOS7, and is receiving blank texts from me whenever I use the :unhappy: emoticon. It just blanks out the entire text. Has anyone else had this issue? I wonder if it's just my phone - some emoticons she sends me used to work fine but have been a box the past few weeks (I think predating the iOS7 transition), so there seems to be something incompatible between her phone and mine.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
It is an iPhone bug, if you search around for "iphone problem receiving blank texts" you'll find quite a lot to read. This is not the only thing that causes it, and this is not WP8-specific either, an andr**d phone texting to ios will get the same result.

There is a solution though - your friend needs to get a Nokia :)

(This message may appear blank on certain devices.......)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hate to say it, but use the old/original/text emoticons instead. You know the colon parentheses type. Not the graphical/icon ones, these aren't universal across all platforms.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
This is a similar text related issue I've noticed. If I'm sending a text adding an emoticon will make the text into two texts, like I've gone over the 160 character limit, even if I'm well within the limit. I've seen other text weirdness lately too like receiving the same text twice. Not sure if its Verizon or my phone.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a iPhone specific issue, I just sent a test message to my Galaxy Nexus from my WP with some text and graphical emotes and it was fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon