Phone's saying insufficient space for app

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

My phone has 247.59 MB of free space and the SD card has 759.79 MB free. When trying to install an app that is only 218 MB, it's telling me I don't have enough storage space. Why is this?

Thank you in advance.

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to side load the app for this. Download the .xap file from store and transfer it to the SD card from PC. Install it from the SD card

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to side load the app for this. Download the .xap file from store and transfer it to the SD card from PC. Install it from the SD card

I'll give this a shot. I've tried downloading from the store from my phone and computer with no success. Sorry but how do I install apps from my SD card?

rjohnson1990

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this is the latest update: I deleted every app on my phone leaving over 400 MB available. When trying to install an app that is only 218 MB, it gets a little over half way then says "Your phone is low on storage space, but there's free space on your SD card. You can change storage settings in Settings > Phone storage."

I've already tried downloading from the store on my computer, my phone and even from the SD card. Is there any other way to get this installed? If it helps any, I'm trying to install iFruit on a Huawei W1 through Straight Talk.

I have no photos, music, videos or documents stored on my phone's memory, it's all on the SD card.

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll give this a shot. I've tried downloading from the store from my phone and computer with no success. Sorry but how do I install apps from my SD card?
DDownload .xap on PC, transfer to phone's SD card. Open store, SD Card option comes up below apps and games. Click in that and install. If the option doesn't show in store, wait for a while after restarting your phone

NightWatch71

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Didn't want to create a new topic for this, I have a similar problem; The app I'm trying to install is 80 Mb. I have 720 Mb free and I'm installing from SD card. It still gives me the insufficient storage message. Is that even normal? I almost have the ten times of storage the app needs. Any suggestions?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Didn't want to create a new topic for this, I have a similar problem; The app I'm trying to install is 80 Mb. I have 720 Mb free and I'm installing from SD card. It still gives me the insufficient storage message. Is that even normal? I almost have the ten times of storage the app needs. Any suggestions?
That is far from normal. Do you know what the app is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos