Now that Instagram is here, what should be our new goal? Besides an official Dropbox app, none comes to mind.. Bear in mind that it has to be an app that would draw the most users.
    11-20-2013 01:42 PM
    Plants vs Zombies 2
    11-20-2013 01:46 PM
    Keep pressing Blackberry for BBM. Knowing BB, when they say weeks, they means 6 months...

I've had 2 BB's and their tablet, I can say that. 😃
    11-20-2013 01:46 PM
    Some complaints I've seen:

*Fast food apps like McDonalds (heard one person ******** about not being able to get a free milkshake weekly)
    *Candy Crush (stupid game but it makes hundreds of millions in profit and would make it easy for some people to switch)
    *More banking support
    *Apps for the major cable companies
    *Apps for car insurance companies
    11-20-2013 01:53 PM
    SoundCloud
    Snapchat
    Youtube

Personally I don't need them, because there is Audiocloud, myTube and I don't use snapchat... but it would attract new people to Windows Phone.

+ of course: updates updates updates to official apps yet available. Vine, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram, Tapatalk etc.

Edit:
    Facebook Messenger.
    I'm fine with built-in Facebook message hub, and I really love it, but again - It would be great to see another important app available.;)
    11-20-2013 02:00 PM
    SoundCloud
    Snapchat
    Youtube

Personally I don't need them, because there is Audiocloud, myTube and I don't use snapchat... but it would attract new people to Windows Phone.

+ of course: updates updates updates to official apps yet available. Vine, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram, Tapatalk etc.

Edit:
    Facebook Messenger.
    I'm fine with built-in Facebook message hub, and I really love it, but again - It would be great to see another important app available.;)
    The Amazon app is in dire need to be updated. Facebook beta too, as it (and the normal version) are so sluggish.
    Martsicky likes this.
    11-20-2013 04:30 PM
    As said already, it's not the apps anymore. It's the system itself.
    At first (when I bought my first serious smartphone) I tought apps was all I need, later I realised it's not.
    But if we're talking about apps I have to say I'm preety satisfied as there are a lot of official apps and WP is finally getting some respect.
    Other than maybe a few games, I don't need any more apps, I only need these apps that we have now to be updated, fixed and fully-featured.
    11-20-2013 08:55 PM
    As said already, it's not the apps anymore. It's the system itself.
    At first (when I bought my first serious smartphone) I tought apps was all I need, later I realised it's not.
    But if we're talking about apps I have to say I'm preety satisfied as there are a lot of official apps and WP is finally getting some respect.
    Other than maybe a few games, I don't need any more apps, I only need these apps that we have now to be updated, fixed and fully-featured.
    You do have a point about apps. Personally I have so many friggin apps it's ridiculous. Half of them I still haven't gotten around to testing out yet lol. What i'm really waiting on are some feature updates to WP that I would utilize on a daily basis. Location aware reminders is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge feature on my want list.

And after 3 friggin years on windows phone.... WHY IS THERE NO BUILT IN STOPWATCH/TIMER YET??? I hate all the 3rd party options with a passion (I've tried lots). I use a timer multiple times a day for various tasks (I cook a lot), and I sorely miss the built in one that I used to have in my iPhone 3 years ago. It's one of those small, seemingly insignificant things that makes switching painful. I've tried various timers over the years since mango's release, but I've found them all lacking in one way or another, and their not very accurate over long periods of time either, or I have to be careful about not accidently closing them.

Built in Timer/stop watch
    Location aware reminders (combine this with cortana pls)
    Separate volume controls (I've heard this feature complained about a lot)
    11-20-2013 09:11 PM
    I'd like to see Amazon apps, especially Amazon Music and Amazon Video apps.
    11-20-2013 09:35 PM
    Google services. Sadly still indispensable for many. And Microsoft with their stupid Scroogled campaign isn't making it easy.
    11-21-2013 04:12 AM
    You do have a point about apps. Personally I have so many friggin apps it's ridiculous. Half of them I still haven't gotten around to testing out yet lol. What i'm really waiting on are some feature updates to WP that I would utilize on a daily basis. Location aware reminders is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge feature on my want list.

And after 3 friggin years on windows phone.... WHY IS THERE NO BUILT IN STOPWATCH/TIMER YET??? I hate all the 3rd party options with a passion (I've tried lots). I use a timer multiple times a day for various tasks (I cook a lot), and I sorely miss the built in one that I used to have in my iPhone 3 years ago. It's one of those small, seemingly insignificant things that makes switching painful. I've tried various timers over the years since mango's release, but I've found them all lacking in one way or another, and their not very accurate over long periods of time either, or I have to be careful about not accidently closing them.

Built in Timer/stop watch
    Location aware reminders (combine this with cortana pls)
    Separate volume controls (I've heard this feature complained about a lot)
    Have you seen the Win8.1 Alarm app? It has timers n everything and tbh I expected WP to already have it, so now I'm kinda disappointed. But WP may get it in 8.1.
    I agree, it's the little things that can make you happy or **** you off completely.
    wapoz likes this.
    11-21-2013 08:14 AM
    Definitely games like Candy Crush etc. I don't even care about them and I STILL feel left out!
    11-21-2013 11:29 AM
    I want Valve to develop a Steam app for WP. Honestly, that's the only app that I desperately wish existed on WP.
    11-21-2013 04:41 PM
    All I want is a Barclays Banking app and a William Hill app, but there's quite a few apps that are still missing that would make WP8 a more attractive platform. Things like Sky Go, Snapchat etc.
    11-21-2013 04:45 PM
    There are lots of apps still missing that maybe aren't as far reaching as stuff like Instagram, but still show there's a long way to go for many areas. Things like Square and other similar mobile payment services for small business owners (or large ones that want/need mobility). Stuff like Gamechanger real-time scorekeeping app for Baseball/Softball events that is huge for those involved with Little Leagues, Travel Ball leagues, School leagues, and Softball leagues everywhere. It's the go to app for that niche. The momentum is definitely increasing and I think we will see more and more of these kinds of things in the coming year both on Windows and WP so I have high hopes. More so than a year ago. I hope 8.1 will bring enough to give it an even bigger push forward and bring even more to the platform faster than ever.
    11-21-2013 05:47 PM
    I'm down for square...
    11-21-2013 05:52 PM
    It's hip to be square.
    hopmedic likes this.
    11-21-2013 05:58 PM
    I want Valve to develop a Steam app for WP. Honestly, that's the only app that I desperately wish existed on WP.
    I doubt that will happen any time soon. Gabe Newell seems to have a raging hate-on for all things Windows at the moment.
    11-21-2013 06:00 PM
    I doubt that will happen any time soon. Gabe Newell seems to have a raging hate-on for all things Windows at the moment.
    Unfortunately. I'm hoping that WP grows enough that he won't be able to ignore its market-share.
    11-22-2013 08:40 AM
    Now that most of the official apps have arrived most people use games on their smartphones so need games like subway surfers,gta vice city ,gta 3 ,candy crush,hill climb racing,snap chat, bbm,google apps

i think there is still lot to go
    11-22-2013 08:50 AM
    I think Dropbox is important to have. We may all have Skydrive and good as it is, Dropbox is still a step-up and it's what most people use. When I get shared folders they're always on Dropbox.

As far as my particular needs go:

- Banking app (banks in Portugal completely and utterly ignore WP);
    - GTD app - there are some in the store, but none of them is decently designed or complete enough;
    - mSecure

But my main gripe are my country's specific apps (cinemas, banking, stores, etc). The only OS that "counts" over here is iOS so that's the only one whose apps are decently made. Android has most of them, but support isn't as good and WP is simply ignored and doesn't have anything.
    11-22-2013 09:18 AM
    Google services. Sadly still indispensable for many. And Microsoft with their stupid Scroogled campaign isn't making it easy.
    Oh, they're dispensable. It's just a matter of setting up an Outlook.com account and setting the vacation reply on gmail to "I've decided that I've had enough of Google's anti-privacy policies, and have moved to Outlook.com. Here's my new address. Please update your address book."
    Piece of cake.

It's hip to be square.
    Saw him in Orlando in '87. I don't remember if he sang that song at the concert or not, though.
    11-22-2013 10:26 AM
    I think Dropbox is important to have. We may all have Skydrive and good as it is, Dropbox is still a step-up and it's what most people use. When I get shared folders they're always on Dropbox.

As far as my particular needs go:

- Banking app (banks in Portugal completely and utterly ignore WP);
    - GTD app - there are some in the store, but none of them is decently designed or complete enough;
    - mSecure

But my main gripe are my country's specific apps (cinemas, banking, stores, etc). The only OS that "counts" over here is iOS so that's the only one whose apps are decently made. Android has most of them, but support isn't as good and WP is simply ignored and doesn't have anything.
    I have 2 DropBox apps-- Box Shot and Box Files for Dropbox. I have them simultaneously loaded and each is connected to a different Dropbox account I have (one for business, one personal).

Both of them work flawlessly.
    11-22-2013 02:16 PM
    I have 2 DropBox apps-- Box Shot and Box Files for Dropbox. I have them simultaneously loaded and each is connected to a different Dropbox account I have (one for business, one personal).

Both of them work flawlessly.
    I think it was kinda obvious that I meant an official app. And I don't know about Box Shot, but Box Files didn't let me upload multiple files.

Having third party options is great, but official support is mandatory for the growth of any ecosystem simply because only a select few bother with discovering 3rd party options and makes it easier to transition from one system to another.
    Psycmeistr likes this.
    11-22-2013 03:05 PM
    I thought Snapchat was the obvious next.
    11-22-2013 03:08 PM