Messaging Notifications problem

Daniel Ionut Samson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I just bought a Samsung Ativ S so I?m pretty new to this windows phone 8 thingy and it?s a love-hate relationship till now.
I have linked my facebook account and I can use the integrated messaging service without any problems. Beside the notifications, that is. The thing is I mostly do the typing and chatting on my laptop. During the long facebook conversations, my phone lights up and starts beeping and ringing for each and every message received in the last... dunno, 10 mins I think?! (and there are a lot of messages and of course, notifications and noise) if I?m in a bar or something it gets pretty annoying because without turning it to silent (which i don?t like to do as it?s my connection to my business and private life), no matter what else I do, it just doesn't shut up. The strange thing is that those messages are already read on my laptop, so why do I receive the notifications on my phone after 10 mins? Every 10 mins. For each and every message!
How in the world can i disable those hundreds of notifications? Is there a way to receive notifications just for an unread conversation per se for example, and disable the rest of them damn notifications?
I repeat, I?m not using the facebook app (u know why... it just sucks), I?m using just the default messaging app, with a linked facebook account.

Daniel Ionut Samson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
doesn?t have an option for that... i think it must be done in messaging app... dunno...
win.jpg
ok, so, 200 and so messages. beeps and preview for each and every one. during that, I clicked the preview, takes me to the conversation, i see all the conversation from top to bottom (after i saw it on facebook before on my laptop, so all of them messages were read). I go back or start another app, the beeping and previewing of the messages resumes (although i have read them on laptop and on the problematic phone) wth???
the last thing left for me to do is to disable facebook chat in messaging app... 2 bad, i liked it, compared to the facebook app for wp8... well, till i get a fix on this bug or a solution from a forum guy. or girl.

Daniel Ionut Samson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
You cant do that.
Excerpt from facebook.com :
Push notifications
Some notifications show up as alerts on your phone. You can manage these directly from any Facebook applications you've installed. Learn more.
off course, link facebook account in wp8 doesn?t have settings :unhappysweat:

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you can change it unless you turn FB chat off altogether in the settings. It sucks a bit. It'd be better if it showed one notification per conversation regardless of the number of messages, like the Skype app does. Even better if it properly synced with FB, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon :(

Daniel Ionut Samson

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks guys for your time.
hope those microsoft guys will fix that someday as I really like this level of integration in the OS, and have to admit wp8 has it?s own charm.
have a good night, or day, depending of your time zones, of course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6