Music 2.67gb
Photos 1.36gb
Docs 0.00
Maps 65.82mb
Email & messages 143.83mb
System 5.77gb
Temp files 663.92mb

14.39gb used 178.06mb free

Now i have tried clearing the temp files to no avail after 30 mins of waiting, now im running update 3 but should i just bite the bullet and hard reset to claim back the nearly 6gb of system memory as im guessing there is no other way of claiming it back?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
To start, do you really need 750 songs on your phone? Email & message are also real high, can you delete some?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
To start, do you really need 750 songs on your phone? Email & message are also real high, can you delete some?
for most people this probably is true. I know I have nearly 600 on my 1520. No I do not listen to all the songs all the time but there is that one time where I may want to listen to a song I hadn't heard in four years and would like to listen to it.

I am not sure what the OPs thoughts are but I do know a lot of people are like me though when it comes to music.

Of course I ask people the same question you asked when it comes to pictures because I think just leaving tons of pictures in your phone is a bit overkill. I had to help my mom move some pics from her computer and she had pics on her SD Card from Christmas 2011 and I am like really?
I usually move them to my PC and uploaded them to the Cloud to free up space and now with my 1520 only have 16 GB of internal memory, I definitely will be doing that.

Last edited:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ok i could delete alot of things off the app list and music and so on but what is normal amount for system? I had exactly the same sort of stuff on my titan but had plenty of space left over and that was a 16 gb also

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Might be a difference in the way the OS handles things...the titan was WP7 and the 8x is WP8 so things may be just a bit different.
Yeah ok i could delete alot of things off the app list and music and so on but what is normal amount for system? I had exactly the same sort of stuff on my titan but had plenty of space left over and that was a 16 gb also

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I never had any storage problems with my Ativ-S. Yes Ativ has SD slot, so I have 16+32 of space and naturally pictures, music etc are in the sd. However I dont think I ever had the "other" take more than 2gb maybe. It never got out of control. Now everything is:
Apps games 1.18gb
Documents 3.34mb
Maps 327mb
Email + messages 342mb
System 2.89gb
Temp 480mb
Leaving +9gb free.

Edit: running gdr3 now.

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
When the other storage bug was giving trouble to people, I read that autoupload to skydrive made it lot worse. I always wondered thats the reason I never had any issues because I never had it on.

Could it be some installed app(s) collecting some crap causing this? Before hardreset I would probably uninstal some to see if anything chages.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any apps that use unique files? For example, torrents files, unknown video files etc. Your 'system' files could be sandboxed app files.

Tbh im not to sure what im looking for. Ive uninstalled about 10 apps but to no avail still shows the same. Although i didn't restart my 8x before i installed them again.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's amazing looking at that 6gb for system. That's only suppose to be for the OS and any info that's related to the is performance. Like cached information.

Can you screen capture your app list and also download HTC make more space app and look at what that app has down.

I have an 8x and sometimes I still see installer packs for apps I already deleted.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I see you have a Podcast app and a/some music apps. Do you have any downloaded videos/music in those apps?

Also, does the Make more space Htc app have the same listing of apps as storage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234