Transfer contacts FROM wp8 device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorkata

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Currently I own a Nokia Lumia 820 WP8 device and frankly it causes me a lot of problems... Mainly because it is unable to do simple things, which as a mobile device it is obliged to be able to...

Up to soon I used a Nokia 301 phone, which uhfortunately didn't come out of my pants pocket before laundry... So it's drying... I replaced it with a very simple Samsung GT-E1200, which doesn't even has Bluetooth... No matter... It is still a mobile phone...

But... I couldn't transfer a simple contact from the 820 to the 301 or the E1200... So I wondered is there such a function or a way... I googled the issue and all the search results were about "transfering TO wp8", but none about transfering FROM...
No way to transfer to SIM...
Not working "Trasfer my Data" app for WP8...
Even sync with Windows 7 or Windows 8 is a one night job...
And I don't want to use Clouds of any sort... (not supported by the 301 or E1200 anyway)
Is there anything else that didn't come to my mind?

I have the Lumia for about 8 months, and no matter how modern it is, for that time it didn't make me happier a bit... Once I pay it off (about 600euro in Bulgaria, which is a very well monthly earning) it is going straight to the bin...

I can't beleive that Microsoft, in the era of Google's success, could even thing of coming out with something so embarrasing... And Nokia - being the best mobile phone manufacturer - could fall for it as well...

:angry::angry::angry:

Last edited:

jorkata

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I posted links at the names of my other mobile phones, and they don't have WiFi, so nope, they can't... I am not a supporter of the LiveID or other "cloudy" online stuff, either way... I just want to transfer my contacts, nothing more...

jorkata

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
"In the era of google success".

Guess you mean to transfer myself to Android, which is a pretty good advice, and which I pretty much am about to do...

But untill then I will probably have to transfer my about 200+ contacts by rewriting them one by one by hand...

Thanx, dude :smile: :thumbs up:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Guess you mean to transfer myself to Android, which is a pretty good advice, and which I pretty much am about to do...

But untill then I will probably have to transfer my about 200+ contacts by rewriting them one by one by hand...

Thanx, dude :smile: :thumbs up:

Your bridge awaits.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

The contacts on your Lumia should be linked to the Live (Microsoft) account you use with the phone. All I know is that the contacts sync nicely when you get a new WP, I have not tried transferring them anywhere else, but since they are linked to your account perhaps there is a way to manage them if you log into your account at live.com

Worth a try, anyway.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Why not list the "problems" you're having with the Lumia 820 and see if we can help you?

So let me see if I have this right, you're going from a smartphone to a dumbphone and want to transfer your contacts?

I don't think that you'll be able to do that. You could try exporting the contacts from your Outlook.com account as a CSV file and importing that file using the desktop management software for your new phone, if it has desktop management software, to add the contacts to your phone.

IMHO you really should have done more research before buying a Windows Phone as it's cloud-centric just like Android. Throwing a €600 phone "in the bin" probably isn't the best thing to do, why not sell it and get at least some of that money back?

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
So let me see if I have this right, you're going from a smartphone to a dumbphone and want to transfer your contacts?

Believe me, I have more problems now transferring contacts from smartphone to smartphone than what I had back in the day when I transferred from dumbphone to dumbphone.

Oh how I miss the days when all you needed was to pair the phones over bluetooth...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You had a windows phone, and your contacts not backed up to outlook.com?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
They would be but the op insists they want no part of the cloud. It is the principle and most efficient method but that is not how the op prefers doing it.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
IMHO you really should have done more research before buying a Windows Phone as it's cloud-centric just like Android. Throwing a €600 phone "in the bin" probably isn't the best thing to do, why not sell it and get at least some of that money back?

I thought Andriod is not as cloud-centric like WP8 whereby you can just transfer all your Office document files to the Andriod by cable and not through the cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium