Hi am looking for news apps that like Bing will only update with wifi as my data plan is only 200 MB
    Thanks
    11-25-2013 01:54 AM
    I'm going to assume that you mean content updating? I've not come across any.

Also not knowing what sort of apps you're after makes it difficult to suggest apps as well.

Just out of curiosity, have you gone over your 200MB allowance? Most apps don't use a lot of data to update the live tile and if you're on WiFi you shouldn't be using data at all.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-25-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    11-25-2013 02:10 AM
    Well to be honest my data is flat but only the first 200 MB are high speed at 7,2 M/Bits that after that it goes down to 64 bits I am on pay as you go.
    So far I have Bing and Weave at almost the halve way point in to the month (day 17) I have 126 MB remaining so says data sense am doing OK as far as the data goes I have WIFI but only at home.
    I had Engadget but in one week it used up 31MB mobile I felt that was to high so I uninstalled it. weave so far this month has used 13MB people 4 Bing 3 and Accuweather 3. FB,Whatsapp,Store and every thing else is < 1
    When at work I have no connection except when I am on break so I put the phone on flight mode except when on break I also had CNN installed but most of the news had vidio links so I never used it that much. I try to update every thing before I leave to go any where to keep my data usage as low as possible.
    11-25-2013 03:29 AM
    Well to be honest my data is flat but only the first 200 MB are high speed at 7,2 M/Bits that after that it goes down to 64 bits I am on pay as you go.
    So far I have Bing and Weave at almost the halve way point in to the month (day 17) I have 126 MB remaining so says data sense am doing OK as far as the data goes I have WIFI but only at home.
    I had Engadget but in one week it used up 31MB mobile I felt that was to high so I uninstalled it. weave so far this month has used 13MB people 4 Bing 3 and Accuweather 3. FB,Whatsapp,Store and every thing else is < 1
    When at work I have no connection except when I am on break so I put the phone on flight mode except when on break I also had CNN installed but most of the news had vidio links so I never used it that much. I try to update every thing before I leave to go any where to keep my data usage as low as possible.
    Sounds rather crippling. What country are you in and carrier? With a smartphone I would recommend minimum 512MB personally. Also you can switch off your data and leave the phone bit on so you can still receive calls.

I'd recommend getting Battery for getting easy access to switches - Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    11-25-2013 04:37 AM
    I have battery it is a good app I live in Germany and my Pay as you go provider is Constar and is a daughter firm of T-mobile. I pay €7.99 a month plus 9 cents for every minute phone and 9 cents for sms
    but most of my messaging is through whats app. I am thinking of increasing to 500 MB for € 9.99 or maybe getting an other provider this is my first smart phone where I could really track my data. So
    I am just trying to figure how much I use before making any decisions.
    11-25-2013 05:36 AM
    I would do some shopping around personally. If you can get a good deal for 1GB I would go with that personally. I stream music pretty much daily using Nokia MixRadio and I only hit 1.2GB this month for the first time. 1GB might seem overkill but it takes away that feeling of restriction. A smartphone is supposed to be enjoyable. :)

I'm in the UK and I bought my phone and I'm on a SIM only deal for 15/m with unlimited everything. Only 3G but I'm happy with that. :)
    11-25-2013 05:51 AM