Mobile Accessibility!!! GDR 3 HTC 8X

Alex Crain

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Last night I received the GDR3 update to my Verizon HTC 8X. I decided to install and turn on the Mobile Accessibility app just to play around with it and see how it worked. After doing so it has rendered my phone almost completely unusable. As soon as I unlock my phone it takes me to the new Mobile Accessibility home page with only a few options on it. I have looked under the settings page and it only shows voice speech speed and advanced use mode. I can't figure out how to turn off mobile accessibility or get access to the rest of my phone. I even tried erasing my phone through the find my phone site and it fails.

Any suggestions? At this point I will even completely erase my phone but I don't know how.

Alex Crain

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, It appears that my back button doesn't work now. It vibrates when I touch it but nothing happens in any of the menus. I also tried doing the hard reset: Volume Down + Power + Camera. This just restarted the phone. Nothing was actually reset.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, It appears that my back button doesn't work now. It vibrates when I touch it but nothing happens in any of the menus. I also tried doing the hard reset: Volume Down + Power + Camera. This just restarted the phone. Nothing was actually reset.

Try this: HTC 8X hard reset

I was going with the Nokia phone reset, apparently the 8X is different.

Alex Crain

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
wow that doesn't work either. When it brings up the exclamation mark icon I start the button sequence but the phone always restarts after i hit volume down. It doesn't let me finish. Is there a way to flash the phone over usb or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven