Facebook Beta just recieved an update, and the messaging and notifications were improved a lot.

I have a question regarding the facebook chat on WP though. Is there a way to appear as "online on mobile" like there is for iOS and Android, with the small mobile icon next to your name in the chat? Right now, If I set myself as online on the integrated chat in the messages hub, I always appear as online (with the green dot next to my name), and it also says I'm online on web and not a mobile unit.
    If I use the Facebook Beta app, I always appear offline, even when I'm actively using the app or messaging people.

Not a huge deal, but it bothers me a bit. People ask me why I'm online on facebook 24/7, or why I'm never online. I just want it to show that I'm available on my phone.
    11-27-2013 03:10 PM
    Facebook Beta just recieved an update, and the messaging and notifications were improved a lot.

I have a question regarding the facebook chat on WP though. Is there a way to appear as "online on mobile" like there is for iOS and Android, with the small mobile icon next to your name in the chat? Right now, If I set myself as online on the integrated chat in the messages hub, I always appear as online (with the green dot next to my name), and it also says I'm online on web and not a mobile unit.
    If I use the Facebook Beta app, I always appear offline, even when I'm actively using the app or messaging people.

Not a huge deal, but it bothers me a bit. People ask me why I'm online on facebook 24/7, or why I'm never online. I just want it to show that I'm available on my phone.
    There's no way to do that on Windows Phone :p it's possible on iOS & Android thanks to Facebook Messenger app.
    11-27-2013 03:29 PM
    Aww okay, that's too bad. Guess I'll have to live with always being online then. Did they ever mention if this will change in the future?
    11-27-2013 03:36 PM
    you can switch to offline in message hub :p then you will be always offline, because as you said also Facebook app doesn't affect status, it's always offline. :)
    We should wait and see if anything will change about. Maybe future updates to Facebook app; built-in facebook integration changes/improvements; Facebook Messenger launch on Windows Phone will resolve your problem. We will see :)
    11-27-2013 03:56 PM
    Now my hopes for WP 8.1 got even higher. Thanks for your reply!
    11-27-2013 04:01 PM
    if you have windows 8 devices, you can download official facebook app. this app has a little phone icon. and turn off offline (message hub )download facebook beta (wp8). beta has a message live! tile and realy working good.
    11-28-2013 04:28 PM