file manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The file manager info is true.
but they don't know when it will be come(i.e with gdr3 or wp8.1) I will upload screenshot of reply soon

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The file manager info is true.
but they don't know when it will be come(i.e with gdr3 or wp8.1) I will upload screenshot of reply soon

It is not GDR3... GDR3 is already released (how many times does this need to be said???). Phones already have it. It's not changing now. So no it won't be minimum until WP8.1 unless they're planning on putting out the updated Skydrive app with an upgrade to the OS before that, which I don't see happening.

In any case, the speculation of it being an implementation into Skydrive has been floating around for some time so no big surprise here. My understanding though and this is something they said almost right from the beginning, Skydrive was going to be implemented deeper into the OS.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
True.... but Nazwil tweeted something about a file manager like a week ago. Go sift through his tweets. Specifically the one where he said VPN support and File Manager will be coming.

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the change in topic.. but I found something really strange..
and this shows that Mobileguru is none other than Joe Belfiore

Capture2.PNG

But remember, I could be wrong.. this is just my assumption.
here is the link btw
http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4215803-we-need-microsoft-to-listen-to-our-ideas-and-do-so#{toggle_previous_statuses}

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
True.... but Nazwil tweeted something about a file manager like a week ago. Go sift through his tweets. Specifically the one where he said VPN support and File Manager will be coming.

The idea of VPN and a file manager has been around for sometime. WP will get both, however I get the feeling the file manger may not be 100% like most people want.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The idea of VPN and a file manager has been around for sometime. WP will get both, however I get the feeling the file manger may not be 100% like most people want.

Ya, file manager won't be a fully functional one mostly, as we expect. MS is not gonna compromise the security of this OS for sure.
Looking forward for a better future, esp from apps by LCG like xplore coming to windows phone...
Anyways im more excited about sd card support. 8gb was way too low in my 820.. My 32gb sd card was almost dead inside my Lumia holding only music,photos n videos..

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Ya, file manager won't be a fully functional one mostly, as we expect. MS is not gonna compromise the security of this OS for sure.
Looking forward for a better future, esp from apps by LCG like xplore coming to windows phone...
Anyways im more excited about sd card support. 8gb was way too low in my 820.. My 32gb sd card was almost dead inside my Lumia holding only music,photos n videos..

yaa same here was not able to install big capacity games like asphalt7,asphalt8,halo spartan assault.
now i will be available to install it. Very much happy now just waiting for the official comments on releasing date.

KoreyTM

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

If, one day, Windows Phone is able to install apps to the SD card - I dunno; I'd probably shed tears of joy.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that installing apps to SD will come with restrictions such as a minimum read and write speed!!

KoreyTM

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
this is the tweet.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Woah. Either WindowsPhoneSupport didn't realize that they just "confirmed" the existence of a WP8 file manager, installing apps to SD, and flick up to close app - or, they are so inundated with requests that they screwed up in their response. I'm hoping it's the former.

KoreyTM

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet that installing apps to SD will come with restrictions such as a minimum read and write speed!!

I'm hoping that most apps that aren't process-intensive will find their way to the SD card. And as for games, if Microsoft starts pushing for cloud-based gaming, then I could see these games being installed and ran on the SD card.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Speaking honestly, I dread the day of apps stored on SD cards. We have so many issues with SD cards currently. They'll have to make sure the SD interface is bulletproof otherwise this forum will be awash with people complaining about it.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Of everything marked completed, it's sad to see that notification center wasn't one of them. I really hope they implement this.

Question: When is the 8.1 update going to be released? Q1 or Q2

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Until Microsoft clarify the situation with the UserVoice "completions", it's pretty pointless speculating....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers