Myth of Windows Phone In India

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, we need Opera mini and a good facebook app for now.. This facebook beta gives notificatios of chat but it doesn't show seen and typing. Also it doesn't load properly on 2G network, whereas it loads fine on 2G on my Android. Reason for this, the 3G network is highly unstable in my area which sucks battery even in standby and data rates are too high. Plus, I live in college hostel so no WiFi of home and don't have college WiFi at hostel. I think this is common problem for a lot of Indians.. We need Opera Mini and better Facebook app. Also, I don't really need a file manager but would like to have ability of creating playlists on my phone and arranging picture albums. Also, would like to create a notebook on my phone in OneNote..

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You can create playlists using Music+Videos. As for the arranging albums, Nokia Story Teller comes in handy. Still in beta, this app will be available with Black. As of now, it can be installed using the Proxy technique.

Chitrarth_S

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
1.i too would be very glad if the rumours of dual sim came true (as there are some news recently), my most needed feature.
2. file manager as such is not necessary if all videos and music irrespective of receiving via whatsapp or other apps can be centralized in the common library and be shared. (microsoft seems to be working on it lets just hope)
3. email attachments need to be improved.
4. Other storage is really driving me nuts. anyway the company seem to put it purposefully so can't complain.

u might like it Affordable dual-SIM Nokia RM-977 with 4.5" screen now testing - GSMArena.com news

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my unkind words but there are many Indian users who are ill-bred due to Windows (desktop OS), Android and Symbian. First problem with them is that they want pirated apps or every app for free. If an app is not free, they will scream and abuse in the reviews. Some may point to the financial position of the users but these are the same who spend 100-200 Rs on a masala movie and forget it in days. Many even spend lavishly on McDonalds and Pizza hut and on clothes. But when it comes to a 55Rs app, they are unwilling to spend and say Android is best because everything is free! I think the number one reason is piracy. Back in the desktop days there were pirated versions of everything - games, apps even OS.

The second problem is that Indian users refuse to adapt. They want to copy a music file and then paste it in /Music/Hindi/2013 folder instead of syncing it. They are not ready to spend a few mins and realize how easy it is to use hubs. People are still stuck in the desktop years.

It is good that WP has certain 'restrictions'. These will force users for the better. In my opinion a file manager should never come.

Regarding the app situation most local apps are available and most are coming. Hell, even games on movies are releasing!

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that i would want is the ability to attach files to emails such as doc or pdf ,multiple attachments,be able to install games and apps on sd card rather than saving only music/pics on it and allows respective apps to store the file on sd ( still don't need a file manager , had enough of folder creations when using android,let the SMARTPHONE TAKE CARE OF FILES).rest wp is just fine.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
For my friend they say wp has na appzz and gamezz. Even though i tell them to look a modern combat, asphalt 8 they go silent. And again next day they again say wp has no appzz and gamezzz iy like a Moto wp has no apps and gamezz even though i have more than 30 games installed and 100 apps they will say wp has no apps and ganezzz.

Also piracy. I don't know what people think. Share apps with Bluetooth.torrent apk file. Steal developer food.
I will never be a android developer. Rather make apps for ios. My one friends say look you cut the top cost Rs 55 and i can download apk for free.. Height of rage super siyan 4 activate.
They just say who care? Paying for apps is stupid. They themself r people who get fooled by gf to spend over Kkkk in a day. Or even spend 1k in a day for a drink...
I mean people can buy phone for 50k but refuse to pay for apps of just rs 55.
I mean Rs 55 is even less than 1$

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
And what the hell is google doing? They have not yet taken any initiative to stop piracy.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
. If an app is not free, they will scream and abuse in the reviews. Some may point to the financial .

!

one star because "its not free"

And one star "make it free"

Another problem is Ms doesn't accept most credit card and debit card in India. Ms should work to bring operator billing

and i don't think bro and India is that poor that they can buy a 10k phone and cant pay Rs 55 more. It just their mentality not to do so. Being a India and a upcoming developer of wp i and say i fell bad when my frnd pirate apps. I mean i am working to make a app i can understand what preservation,hard work and learning it take. And someone stealing my app should be hanged to death

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
one star because "its not free"

And one star "make it free"

Another problem is Ms doesn't accept most credit card and debit card in India. Ms should work to bring operator billing

and i don't think bro and India is that poor that they can buy a 10k phone and cant pay Rs 55 more. It just their mentality not to do so. Being a India and a upcoming developer of wp i and say i fell bad when my frnd pirate apps. I mean i am working to make a app i can understand what preservation,hard work and learning it take. And someone stealing my app should be hanged to death

Paypal probably has support for their cards, and you can always put the charge in your monthly bill (at least with ATT). So it's not like they have no options to pay with.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I was able to add my Debit card details without a hitch. Master Cards work absolutely fine. Same goes for VISA cards. I'm not sure about SBI Maestro cards though. I added my card details, even though the fields were for credit card. Seems to be working just fine. Spread the work if it may help someone.

visnit14

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok people here in India need to wake to the fact that WP is 2nd largest OS here and will receive great attention from developers here in India.We can see in last 6 month many great local apps and games have made their way on WP and some of them were exclusive too.
Apart from app situation which is getting better and better WP is the ultimate value for money smartphone if we are talking about 520s or 620s.I have made many friends go for WP adamant for crappy devices like ace, S duos and blah blah and they are loving it.
The biggest concern here in India with WP is the reputation of NOKIA tarnished badly due to crappy Symbian devices.Many folks here don't care or know specifically about the OS just asking whether its SAMSUNG ,NOKIA,MICROMAX...and done!!If nokia were reputed here like in UK ,GERMANY we'd have been looking at 10-15% market share by now.But nonetheless,people are getting aware.
And lastly there are many apps and games on WP which are paid while free on other platforms and also outdated at times but we gotta give it some time.Its catching up very quickly.And aren't we getting total total value for our money..or more!!!!!

Sent from my white Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I just heard one guy saying wp dosent have asphalt RACING games.

Ok i started a asphalt 8 race on my 520 and gave him the phone. He,lost the race(as usual) and asked what game was i said " asphalt 8 showed him gamesloft and the store."

The person doesn't even cant recognise asphalt 8 and he is saying lies about wp.
I was like in rage mode.

No face plan can suffix this for sure

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is still reputable brand in India,what Samsung has done is gone in for the volume of sales thus you will find at least 10 phone's in the same price range micromax is trying something same but they fail to provide quality & service like Samsung or Nokia.Maemo was supposed to be implemented as s replacement for Symbian but only nokia knows what happened to it,it looked promising.more people are buying WP bcoz of nokia and that is actually good for Microsoft .And yes nokia did loose out on feature phones as it had very compromised set of features available on there phone as compared to Samsung,i will give an example of nokia 6600 it was completely wiped of the market the day Sony Ericsson launched there k700i inspite of having only 41mb ram:):):):):)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Good article. Its really helpful for us(Indians). But the OS misses few things which are required by most of the Indians(maybe all). I have a 820 and I made 10 of my friends to buy windows phone. All of them after buying the phone asked, where can I find File manager. Few of them asked can they install apps on the sd card and also they would like to save whatsapp videos to the phone.
Hope Microsoft adds these features.

I believe that the latest update to whatsapp added that feature.

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my unkind words but there are many Indian users who are ill-bred due to Windows (desktop OS), Android and Symbian. First problem with them is that they want pirated apps or every app for free. If an app is not free, they will scream and abuse in the reviews. Some may point to the financial position of the users but these are the same who spend 100-200 Rs on a masala movie and forget it in days. Many even spend lavishly on McDonalds and Pizza hut and on clothes. But when it comes to a 55Rs app, they are unwilling to spend and say Android is best because everything is free! I think the number one reason is piracy. Back in the desktop days there were pirated versions of everything - games, apps even OS.

The second problem is that Indian users refuse to adapt. They want to copy a music file and then paste it in /Music/Hindi/2013 folder instead of syncing it. They are not ready to spend a few mins and realize how easy it is to use hubs. People are still stuck in the desktop years.

It is good that WP has certain 'restrictions'. These will force users for the better. In my opinion a file manager should never come.

Regarding the app situation most local apps are available and most are coming. Hell, even games on movies are releasing!

Not exactly true man, we done a survey and most of our user want the movie go into hub.

The problem is: you can't download movie into that damn hub. Only "play history", and if you click that history , it will launch another app before playing it. Ridiculous.
If you give them a file manager, first thing they do is move movie file into hub

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw a chick sporting a Lumia 710 yesterday, she travels in the same compartment I do when I travel for work in the morning, I am thinking of striking up a conversation with her since I too own a Windows phone (L 720).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb