how to install third party apps on wp8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think no one understood what you asked for. You cannot install any .xap file that's not for windows phone. If its from a competing platform, it will not work.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You need to download the WP8 SDK, that will install Visual Studio Express and the necessary tools. One of the tools is for developer unlocking your phone, you'll need your Microsoft ID that you used as the primary account on your phone. Here is the best place to start:

Windows Phone Dev Center

You want the top two downloads on the above page, you'll also need this to sideload the .xap file:

Windows Phone Power Tools - Home

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you need windows 7 or windows 8 for sdk.stop using 13-14 years old operating system(warning april 2014 is the last month for the support for win xp after that developers will not build apps for xp and a high priority of viruses and malware ).and you want to sideload apps just like you did on android via app files, plz don't do this help the developers, pay them a small amount for their effort.sideloading apps will cause severe damage,may lead to brick your phone if the app is poorly coded,you can always install .xap files that you have paid before by visiting windows store from your pc and you will be able to download the xap files that are attached to your purchase history. For say I purchased inside pro,angry birds earlier now I want to install it but don't have internet on phone, so I will download the xap file from the windows store and copy it to my SD card, there store will recognize it and will allow me to install(here store allowed me since I have purchased this app before).hope this clears out your issues.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Bro i can say one think if you are only asking for pirateing apps then none of us are going to help you. Sorry bro.
Developer spent day and night to make an app they expect. Some money for it.

look the new developer of vba8 he doesn't even sleep. Look at rudy he works for 26hrs a day. They rely on your money for food.

And most apps are just Rs55(.99$) seriously even a poor hobo spend this amount in a drink and forgets it the night after. Seriously if you can buy a smartphone and cant pay a penny for a game then

IMO

YOU ARE NOT WORTH TO GET A SMARTPHONE.

If you are developer or want to be a developer. Or you have some genuin reasons for sidiloading

Pm me i will tell you the process to sideload

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]Keep it Legal - Moderators and admins reserve the right to close threads and ban members that post copyrighted and/or illegal materials. These kinds of activities can get us into trouble, and nobody wants that... so just don't do it. If you have questions on this, ask a moderator.[/WARN]

rkwap

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Rakesh 1995 you are thinking wrong. I am not sideloading apps to pirate them or make them free. I only want to sideload to install the apps which are not present in wp store. Otherwise i had also purchased apps from wp store.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Rakesh 1995 you are thinking wrong. I am not sideloading apps to pirate them or make them free. I only want to sideload to install the apps which are not present in wp store. Otherwise i had also purchased apps from wp store.
Are these apps available in the Store but not in your region?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
At different websites

Useful. How about a link and maybe we can see about helping you? I'm guessing they're apps that the devs can't get approved or something? Don't want to pay the dev fees?

I'm still at a loss as to why you can't install the app. If you're dev unlocked (which you should be with GDR3) then you should be able to install it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If you don't come up with a website that clears up what you want to do and is legal, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb