Viewing email on outlook.com

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use outlook.com primarily, and prefer to use the mobile website rather than downloading emails to my phone. There are a couple of issues with this however. One, apparently WP8 won't let me "never" sync with outlook.com. Once per day is the least frequent option, even though my other accounts let me sync manualy instead of automatically. It's kind of irritating. The biggest issue I have however is the fact that when I view an email, I can't get all the email on the screen - it apparently doesn't reduce the page enough to be viewed without scrolling around. This despite my previous 2 phones (and my Android tablet) displaying the full page at once. Does anybody else have this issue?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Only the primary Microsoft Account of the phone can't be sync disabled because that is also the account used to back up rest of the stuff(text messages etc.). I also don't understand the need to mobile web version instead of the built in email app which is much better than other platforms.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually do enjoy using the app. If I could figure out how to delete messages from the server thru the app I would likely use the app more often.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You delete from the app. It will eventually delete from server. That's it. If you aren't patient enough, just force a sync and the deleted emails will be removed from server. Otherwise, it will wait until next sync events happened, e.g. a new email arrived or else. This cuts down unnecessary data transfer to save both data usage and battery life.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So I'm thinking I should create a separate outlook account to use just for sync purposes, separate from my email id, and use that as my main account. That way I could stop syncing emails automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos