Switching phones question

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys! I need just a little help here. I currently have a HTC 8X and my Mom has decided she wants one, so what I did was added another line to my VZW account. Now since Mom wants the 8X and I'd like the L928, I am giving her my phone and keeping the 928 that arrives today for myself. My question is, how do I go about switching from the 8X to the 928? Do I just switch their SIM cards? Does that put my info on the 928? Will I have the same number if I do that? Or do I just reset the 8X and put Moms info on it and then add my own info to the 928 and have the new number? I have never done this. Any info is appreciated. As a note, it doesn't much matter to me if I keep my current number or go with the new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thats what I was thinking. So then Just hard resetting the 8X and putting moms info on it should work fine. I need sleep and shouldn't be thinking of this stuff before 5am. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonbonz

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Verizon will allow you to swap devices with any line on your plan. Done it many times when kids have upgrades coming and I want a new phone haha. By doing this you can keep your number. Trust me, you don't want mom receiving inappropriate texts because your buddy is still using your old number. :) Not sure about the sim card issue. I know if you purchase a new phone for an existing line on the VZW site it will ask if you wish to use the card from your current device. I'd contact Verizon just to eliminate any unforseen problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3