What are the unique features of windows phone 8?

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.. I have been using my Lumia 620 for about 8 months. This is my first smartphone. My previous one was Nokia E63. I have read so many posts about wp8's simplicity and beauty. Here I want to know about the features unique to wp8/Lumia.
As far as I know, live tiles, social network integration, here service etc are unique to windows phone.
Can anybody enumerate the features unique to wp8/Lumia, exclusive apps, games etc which can not be claimed by android or iPhone..

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
1. Kid's Corner
2. Groups and Rooms
3. Integrated Xbox Live services
4. Bing services (Vision, Music, and Local Scout)
5. Built-in basic Office Suite
6. Apps can utilize the speech function

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Here maps
Here transit
Here drive
Cool photography apps like NOKIA camera
Lagless n unique interface

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
peope hub ,family room, xbox nothing else as they have made limited countries or areas to have acces to some of thier best and popular apps/functions like here maps, nokia music etc​

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
For Lumia handsets, Nokia heavily marketed the OIS-equipped, low light performance camera and super sensitive touchscreen with the Lumia 920, and other features such as glance, display profiles, tap to wake later came. Some of these features may have been already present on some handsets, particularly with android (display profiles, usually implemented by OEM) and symbian (tap to wake and glance). But some of these features like OIS, low light optimization, and SST also later came to other handsets like HTC One (low light), LG G2 (OIS), and Huawei Ascend P2 (SST).

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
ROFL

For some country you can buy apps using telephone bill. Which android n ios only accept credit card
CMIIW

The Google play store supports carrier billing too, depends on your carrier. The only one that doesn't is IOS, but gift cards are abundant enough that a few $$ in cash can be used to get stuff on Apple.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Kid's Corner and Family Room are probably two of the most underused yet useful features of WP8.

I love family room. I love lamps too. but family room I love.

My wife and siblings and thats about 6 of us total all have a room and we share pics, message each other and schedules.

We interact with each other on a daily basis and I love that I can post events or things that need to get done and it will sync with everyone in the room.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The Google play store supports carrier billing too, depends on your carrier. The only one that doesn't is IOS, but gift cards are abundant enough that a few $$ in cash can be used to get stuff on Apple.

Windows Phone also allows payments using Microsoft Gift Cards and Bitcoins, something iOS and Android don't ;-)

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The ability to have text messages read back to you as well dictate any message you want to send out. You can pretty much carry on a text message conversation without even unlocking your phone. That is one feature that I don't think is available (natively) on any other platform.

Also, one thing that gets overlooked is the Hubs. The native ability to have similar apps/functions available in one spot is a pretty awesome feature. Social networking in the same spot as your contacts/phone book? Multimedia apps available in the same spot (just a one or a few swipes away) as the music/video/podcast app? Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note all available in one spot? This to me is how a UI is suppose to be like. It isn't perfect, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. Also, as someone else mentioned earlier, I love the ability to create Groups from your contact list and pin that to your homescreen. The Rooms feature is also pretty amazing. Being able to share Calandar, Docs, and Pictures to members is what makes the Room feature stand out.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Not a particular WP8 feature, more of a Nokia feature: Super sensitive screen.

Being able to use your phone with gloves on is amazing and I do not regard this as a gimmick. This alone makes a WP8 Lumia the best choice, especially for commuters!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel