How to properly backup

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I backed up my old Lumia 1020 (via the settings menu - texts, app list, and settings. On the new Lumia 1020, how do I access my backup I just made?

I assume it is in Skydrive? When I open the Skydrive app to look for them, I cannot find anything other than documents I uploaded from my laptop.

How can I restore from a backup? Do I need to plug my phone into my laptop and use the Windows Phone app?

Thanks,

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When you hard reset or get a new phone the latest backups will show and you can select one to pull from the server. I don't think you can access it.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
While setting up your new phone, you need to sign in using the microsoft account from your previous phone. It then shows a list of backups, and allows your to import your settings.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Odd, I did not see a list of backups. Did you guys backup via the settings menu in the phone or did you backup via connecting to a computer?

Thanks,

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You need to sign in while setting up your phone (that is, before the live tiles show up). You won't get your settings back if you sign in later. You'll still have your text backup, etc. but no settings.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Yeah I obviously signed into my Microsoft account. Only have one and it has been the same since having the Lumia 900/910.

Hmm...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster