12-12-2013 08:42 PM
28 12
tools
    Rumor has it that Microsoft will be leaving behind the familiar metro interface with tiles for something different. Do you think Microsoft would make such a drastic change from the Windows Phone platform?

Source:
    Microsoft Rumored to Ditch "Metro UI" in Windows Phone 9, Due in Second Half of 2014 | TechnoBuffalo

Post Edit by Dave Blake:

http://www.windowscentral.com/stoppi...hone-unique-ui
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 12-12-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    12-12-2013 12:48 PM
    I dont care what it does as long as its updating the current lineup.
    12-12-2013 12:52 PM
    No, it works too well with touch, is easily recognisable, and theyve spent the last couple of years convincing everyone that it works, and getting everyone familiar with it. It would be dumb beyond all comprehension to can it just as wp is starting to gain momentum market share wise...
    12-12-2013 12:53 PM
    Such a trashy rumor. I'm not even going to click on the link. If you can stand it, surf through TechnoBuffalo's stuff. They're wrong more times than they're right.

Pure click bait.
    12-12-2013 12:56 PM
    I don't think it'll happen simply because they're calling it WP9, I thought it was universally agreed that it's called 8.1?
    12-12-2013 12:59 PM
    The closest rumor to that that I saw was bringing back the full Start menu in Windows 8.2.
    12-12-2013 01:09 PM
    Isn't this guy the creator of some fake rumors before?
    iGeorge23, Chief_Adu and wapoz like this.
    12-12-2013 01:13 PM
    I doubt it. WP8's UI is very easy to use. I'm sure there will be some changes for the next version but I don't think they'll switch to a grid of icons!

Maybe what the rumormonger heard was something like you hear from automobile companies when describing model updates, e.g. "the All New 2014 Ford Explorer".
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 01:17 PM
    Saw this on Twitter from BGR earlier. Was relieved when their "source" was Elder Murtazin. Just like a broken clock, even he is probably right twice a day. And just like the clock, I'm not paying it any attention because of those fleeting occurrences.

Also, bonus ignore points when you realize a new CEO might make that decision...but they don't have one yet.
    jfa1 and JonnieLasVegas like this.
    12-12-2013 01:25 PM
    Such a trashy rumor. I'm not even going to click on the link. If you can stand it, surf through TechnoBuffalo's stuff. They're wrong more times than they're right.

Pure click bait.

Can you really be wrong if your just reporting rumors? ;)
    12-12-2013 01:27 PM
    Agree with everyone else, there's no way MS would spend all this time creating this UI almost everywhere only to scrap it. Not even going to waste bandwidth clicking on it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 01:29 PM
    Can you really be wrong if your just reporting rumors? ;)
    If the rumors are regularly baseless and without any real source? Yes. By reporting it, they add legitimacy. It's the same reason it's dumb that we now have a subsection for the "Surface Phone/Xbox Phone."
    12-12-2013 01:29 PM
    in other news, Apple is rumored to drop iOS 7's new UI and reverting to something more akin to its Macintosh roots.

and a rumor is afoot that Google is going to spin off Google Drive as its own company, sell Gmail to General Motors, and focus solely on search, using technology licensed from Bing.

Dell has announced that computers "were just a distraction" and will focus its efforts producing affordable Android tablets. Micheal Dell has declined to comment.
    Guytronic, eric12341, dznk and 2 others like this.
    12-12-2013 01:36 PM
    If the rumors are regularly baseless and without any real source? Yes. By reporting it, they add legitimacy. It's the same reason it's dumb that we now have a subsection for the "Surface Phone/Xbox Phone."
    rumor (rmr)n.1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
    2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

tr.v. rumored, rumoring, rumors To spread or tell by rumor.

I didn't read the article, but they mearly reported there was a rumor. They aren't claiming any hard facts. For them to be "wrong" the rumor must have never once existed prior to this article.

Get what I'm saying? ;)

If blogs never reported rumors, tech news would be boring as hell and, frankly, there wouldn't be nearly as many articles.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 02:11 PM
    Some rumors are that far away from even being anywhere near the truth, that I just have to laugh, and this is one of them.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 03:00 PM
    in other news, Apple is rumored to drop iOS 7's new UI and reverting to something more akin to its Macintosh roots.

and a rumor is afoot that Google is going to spin off Google Drive as its own company, sell Gmail to General Motors, and focus solely on search, using technology licensed from Bing.

Dell has announced that computers "were just a distraction" and will focus its efforts producing affordable Android tablets. Micheal Dell has declined to comment.
    The sad part is that after their change from ios 6 to ios 7, I could probably believe the first story
    Last edited by Jas00555; 12-12-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-12-2013 03:04 PM
    Yup. Not. Gonna. Happen.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 03:19 PM
    I hope they don't switch away from the current metro UI, but wouldn't be surprised. The best thing, to me and most I've talked to, about WP is it's unique look.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 03:37 PM
    I agree with the crap rumor replies.
    For me the start screen is the trademark feature of the Windows Phone.

The Metro UI is the cleanest easiest to see and use onscreen face of all three mobile interface offerings.
    Doing away with it would kill the WP platform in short order.
    12-12-2013 03:44 PM
    I wonder what the basis of a rumor like this could be? Metro was introduced in earnest with the release of Windows Phone 7 in 2010, largely designed as a result of all of the basic UI downfalls and shortcomings in Android and iPhone. Obviously, you'd have to think that experts at Apple, Google and Microsoft have been putting some serious thought into the idea of user experience on a smallish touchscreen interface. It is possible that the next major update to Windows Phone could show off a new version of the user interface, but I doubt that there is a serious and complete change of user interface coming in merely months.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 04:10 PM
    metro ui is ok. theme is not... abandon the theme
    12-12-2013 04:23 PM
    metro ui is ok. theme is not... abandon the theme

your opinion is bad and you should feel bad!
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    12-12-2013 04:39 PM
    WPC has an article on this: Stopping the rumor mill: Windows Phone and the future of its unique UI | Windows Phone Central

The guy making the rumours has been doing so for some time with regards to WP. More often wrong than anything else.

The guy had previous ties with Nokia years ago so has no real inside scoop to anything within MS itself.

There's little doubt the OS will continue to 'change' but I doubt it will lose Metro.
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-12-2013 05:10 PM
    I dont like the Metro UI. If they did maybe I would consider WP again
    12-12-2013 05:17 PM
    I dont like the Metro UI. If they did maybe I would consider WP again

If you don't like Windows phone, or the theme that pervades all MS products nor are you considering a WP- why are you here on this forum? There can be no productive reason for your presence.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    Guytronic, xandros9 and Reflexx like this.
    12-12-2013 05:20 PM
28 12