Lumia black in Asia

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys...i just had an online chat with a Nokia representative regarding my 820...

According to him they are testing Lumia Black for all phones currently and assured me that it will be available for OTA update near about christmas for India as well as Asian regions where there ain't any mobile contract system

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Lol.. I did a live chat with Nokia guys. They said that Lumia Black is for "WINDOWS 8" ROFL.
And I corrected them that it's for Windows Phone 8.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Lol.. I did a live chat with Nokia guys. They said that Lumia Black is for "WINDOWS 8" ROFL.
And I corrected them that it's for Windows Phone 8.

Lol
Btw the guy i spoke to had a very good knowledge about WP8..so finger crossed !!

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The Care guys tend to give false info. They promised me that the Amber update will be released the next day I contacted them. It turned out to be 1 month later. They always just picked random answers. Don't get hopes up.

ilovenokia

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Black update is really so late, I don't understand what is taking Nokia so long to release that update

is there will be any thing special more than GDR3 Dev ????

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
implementing Nokia Beamer and Glance notifications won't be that easy, considering how restrictive WP8 is. so ya, it will take a little time.
i agree lower end phones won't get much. but then, updates always start from flagships to others.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Don't trust them. They always give random dates or answers. Lumia 1520 along with 1320 will be launched in india on 16th dec 2013(Monday)
So if we think this way via market tactics they won't launch the update until next year since newly phones (1520,1320) will be given hih priority.if they gave the update to older devices earlier ,there will be a bad sales for new lumia 1520. According to me it will be avaliable from late jan 2014. And if they are going under testing for black on all models (heared about 520). There should be a permamnet link where we can have a look when will it be avalaible just like they did for amber update for all models.again don't ask them they are not supposed to give answers hence they tell such stupid answers to our questions.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't trust them. They always give random dates or answers. Lumia 1520 along with 1320 will be launched in india on 16th dec 2013(Monday)
So if we think this way via market tactics they won't launch the update until next year since newly phones (1520,1320) will be given hih priority.if they gave the update to older devices earlier ,there will be a bad sales for new lumia 1520. According to me it will be avaliable from late jan 2014. And if they are going under testing for black on all models (heared about 520). There should be a permamnet link where we can have a look when will it be avalaible just like they did for amber update for all models.again don't ask them they are not supposed to give answers hence they tell such stupid answers to our questions.

AFAIK nokia is only launching 1520

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I would say, if they do set Black free right after the launch of the 1520 and 1320, that would be very smart on Nokia's part!!!! Seeing that Nokia and WP8 is ahead of iphone in India, this would be a good way to keep the lead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720