Android 1.0 had a notification center and indicator so why doesn't windows phone 8 have one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It's funny how the first ever version of android has a notifications center and led indicator support. So i don't understand how it is so hard to implement one in the eighth edition of Microsoft's mobile os. Also the buttons light up for no reason so why aren't they used for something useful like a notification light.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Also ios 5 which was released 4 years after its release too and had a notification center. WP has existed for three years now. OIf Microsoft don't have a major update next year then there will be no excuses for that.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They are slow about the notification center, no doubt. I don't expect to see it until some update in 8.1. Maybe its not as big a deal as we think it is. Which is why they have not implemented it yet.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There is notification support for LEDs its just the manufacturers choose not to use them. My wp7 HTC Trophy had an LED notification light.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand, it sounds like you really want an android... So just get an android
it's not that i want an android. It's Just that WP has a lot of untapped potential(see what i did there) for example voice commands are good but kinect 2.0 is fantastic!. If Microsoft listen to their fans in user voice more and think about implementing features from their other products, they could, catch up to ios in market share by q4. (A big IF)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
They should be different for the notification centre on WP8.1. E.g text message. Swipe down and you're revealed of the persons profile PIC and it flips over and reveals the text. Its a notification centre but with live tiles. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
it's not that i want an android. It's Just that WP has a lot of untapped potential(see what i did there) for example voice commands are good but kinect 2.0 is fantastic!. If Microsoft listen to their fans in user voice more and think about implementing features from their other products, they could, catch up to ios in market share by q4. (A big IF)
yeah sure but I don't think that a notification center is gonna be the feature that will bring wp even with other platforms (I hope so though)

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Notification is definitely a must. To the people who say you have notification on live tile. What if my tile isn't pin to screen then how can I be. Notified?????

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Notification is definitely a must. To the people who say you have notification on live tile. What if my tile isn't pin to screen then how can I be. Notified?????

I don't think it needs to be an Android or iOS style notification centre but more a notification area that just picks up missed notifications, including those from unpinned tiles, and has a tile that has a counter on it.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it needs to be an Android or iOS style notification centre but more a notification area that just picks up missed notifications, including those from unpinned tiles, and has a tile that has a counter on it.

This sounds interesting. Maybe Microsoft will make an app called 'notifications'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett