well evleaks did it again almost all his leaks are true and hope this one will come to be. on-screen buttons will come to Windows Phone 8.1
    image74.png (image he tweeted)

but here's the catch Microsoft previously taught about on-screen buttons before during WP7 days
    here's the pic (running on lumia 800)
    nokiasearay.png
    but sadly the final product has been touch-sensitive buttons which are nice ! :)

but what are your thoughts on this ? will it be welcoming feature to windows phone or not ?

P.S hope its not just like back start and search button hope it changes varying in you application your in
    12-15-2013 06:59 AM
    Imo its gonna be left for OEM to decide what option to go for..

I personally prefer physical buttons

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD
    cuwe likes this.
    12-15-2013 07:36 AM
    Imo its gonna be left for OEM to decide what option to go for..

I personally prefer physical buttons

Me too . But the ideas of auto-hide the button while playing games or other stuff were great . I wish they will do something for the physical button . Like tapping back button twice will make the button off .
    12-15-2013 07:44 AM
    I hate this implementation on android phones. It just doesn't look right to me.

I hope that Nokia continues making them the way they are. It makes me feel a bit meh thinking of windows phone possibly developing an android feature.
    12-15-2013 07:56 AM
    I hate this implementation on android phones. It just doesn't look right to me.

I hope that Nokia continues making them the way they are. It makes me feel a bit meh thinking of windows phone possibly developing an android feature.
    It's a nightmare ! People buy a Windows Phone because the don't want to stay with android ( or iOS ) , but this ? Google wins .
    12-15-2013 08:01 AM
    It's a nightmare ! People buy a Windows Phone because the don't want to stay with android ( or iOS ) , but this ? Google wins .
    Well said...

What microsoft can do is disable the search button while launching an app coz that it too irritating :O

John Balacano likes this.
    12-15-2013 08:23 AM
    More irritating is when the touch screen is unresponsive which include the onscreen buttons .
    12-15-2013 08:49 AM
    I prefer the capacitive buttons. Don't really want the buttons taking up space on the screen. Kind of like the way they are on the nl 1520 and black out when the screen is not on.
    12-15-2013 10:02 AM
    Looks like I'm the odd one out on this one. I don't see a problem as long as the screen is properly extended and the buttons don't eat into the already existing screen real estate, the capacitive buttons use the same digitizer as the touchscreen, the only difference is that they're not on screen graphics. So yes, if it's properly implemented like I stated above, I have no problem with this happening.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    12-15-2013 03:49 PM
    Looks like I'm the odd one out on this one. I don't see a problem as long as the screen is properly extended and the buttons don't eat into the already existing screen real estate, the capacitive buttons use the same digitizer as the touchscreen, the only difference is that they're not on screen graphics. So yes, if it's properly implemented like I stated above, I have no problem with this happening.
    the problem is that manufacturers don't do that. Your 4.5 inch screen is less than that due to the onscreen buttons.

If they implemented it your way, I probably would have nonissue with that myself.
    12-16-2013 08:22 AM