Sorry, I am a newbie. When I first turned on my phone before setting up my wireless carrier, my phone tile just said "Phone". After activating my sim card it now says "HOME". I noticed many pics, some say "at&t, phone, me" etc. Can I change the name that is listed on the phone tile or am I stuck with it saying "HOME"? Thanks.

picture-1.jpg
    12-17-2013 08:46 PM
    First, welcome to WPCentral!

That's really strange, it should say your carrier on it, not HOME. Have you tried a soft reset?
    12-17-2013 08:50 PM
    Yes, I am on straight talk though. Perhaps that's the reason. I just find the big old "HOME" ugly. Did not know if I could rename the service? Thank you.
    12-17-2013 09:04 PM
    Yes, I am on straight talk though. Perhaps that's the reason. I just find the big old "HOME" ugly. Did not know if I could rename the service? Thank you.
    I think "Home" is normal when you're on Straight Talk. I remember doing research for an article I was writing about that carrier a couple of years back and it said that if you use an iPhone or whatever phone with them, it will just say "Home" under the phone app.
    12-17-2013 09:23 PM
    I think "Home" is normal when you're on Straight Talk. I remember doing research for an article I was writing about that carrier a couple of years back and it said that if you use an iPhone or whatever phone with them, it will just say "Home" under the phone app.
    He never mentioned straighttalk though, he mentioned seeing "AT&T", so idk.
    12-17-2013 09:40 PM
    He never mentioned straighttalk though, he mentioned seeing "AT&T", so idk.
    Err... Yeah, he did. See his post above yours.
    12-19-2013 11:10 PM
    I think the only way to get rid of would be to make the tile small.
    12-19-2013 11:17 PM