Slow-motion video capture app

zawlali

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea of a slow motion video capturing app. My friend and I have been searching everwhere but coudnt find it. Any help will be greatly appreciated

aaronmacarthy

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think app could do this :/ as far as im aware you camera would need to be able to film at a higher frame rate e.g. 60fps or 120fps to get 'true slow motion'. you can slow the movie down in post but it would become nasty to watch. its just a limitation of hardware. unless someone brings out a camera with slow motion capable camera (iPhone 5s) I don't think we will be getting slow motion on windows phone, sorry :(

zawlali

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Then what about the camera in the Galaxy Note 3. It has a slow-motion video capture function. Is this also hardware backed?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I think yes, it can record at higher fps then slows it down to normal fps thus achieve slow-mo effect.
It may be available soon on new WP devices.
Also, you couls just record normal videos and then slow them from 30 fps to ~20. Shouldn't be that nasty to watch and would have the slow-mo effect.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Recently I've released a slow-mo app Sport Camera. Unfortunately it is not a "true" slow-mo. But I will update the app as soon as devices supporting @60 fps appear.

Very nice!
I have a point and shoot with this feature and use it all the time.
Having this in true form on the phone would be a great help!

Thanx for posting this!

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think app could do this :/ as far as im aware you camera would need to be able to film at a higher frame rate e.g. 60fps or 120fps to get 'true slow motion'. you can slow the movie down in post but it would become nasty to watch. its just a limitation of hardware. unless someone brings out a camera with slow motion capable camera (iPhone 5s) I don't think we will be getting slow motion on windows phone, sorry :(

Even Note II (from 2012) supports slow motion.........

Galaxy S4 supports even 1/8th speed of normal speed....

My 5s does slow motion and also captures audio (but N2 and S4 don't)

It's clearly not limitation of hardware but purely related to software and camera optics

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Robert Grant

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 has hardware support for it. PLEASE don't comment on this sort of thing based on your knowledge of products, even when it is accurate, but only based on the facts; i.e. without significant, pretty powerful software that can guess what the interleaving frames should be, you need hardware. No knowledge of products required or useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99