GDR3 Random reboot

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Nokia 1020 and updated to GDR3 a couple of weeks ago using Developer preview. My country haven't gotten the black and gdr3 update yet.

I have only had my phone for about 3 weeks and I'm experiencing reboots. It didn't happen before i updated to GDR3. Sometimes, randomly, when it just lays around it can reboot for no apparent reason. It hasn't happened that many times, maybe 4-5. Mostly over night when its idle. Is this a known issue? Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Edit: I have done a factory reset aswell, same stuff happens. It can go days without any reboot. I had 2 reboots 2 nights in a row, I then changed celluar from automatic and chose my operator manually. Then it didnt reboot for 3-4 days, now it happened right in front of me after being idle for awhile.

Last edited:

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing the same thing with mine. Like you, I had it here sitting idle and I caught the AT&T splash screen out of the corner of my eye. I've noticed it happening since GDR3 and Black Update.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue with my 1020 since the black update. It use to reboot every so often... maybe once a day on average, maybe more if I didn't always catch it. Today (updated late yesterday) it has randomly rebooted no less than 15 times. Sometimes within 20 minutes from a previous random reboot.

Need help.. about to smash this phone.

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with my AT&T Lumia 1020 since the official GDR3 and Lumia Black update. The phone just randomly reboots anytime it wants to. I've already communicated the problem with Nokia Care US via twitter and the response I get is to try soft reset. This does not help. I told them I am not ready to do a hard reset since it always seems to get stuck on rotating gears and I've already replaced 5 lumia's before this. Sp Nokia Care US suggested I send the phone to Nokia service center and they will troubleshoot the issue. I said "no thanks" since I do not have a back up phone. I'm very frustrated and just hope Nokia and MS fixes this ASAP.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The hard reset doesn't fix anything. I went through it - no difference. I also uninstalled all games and most apps other than what comes with it. I always back out of apps, have no background tasks running. There are very similar threads in here for 1520s and on the Nokia support site. Definitely seems to be an issue with the Nokia Black update - but like I said - my phone rebooted before, just not as frequently. Debating returning this to At&T (for my third time). Just can't live days without a phone.

Andrew_12191a

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems with my Samsung Ativ S. I had random reboots before installing the GDR3 update also. Strange point to me is that it only happens when I'm on WiFi, sometimes more than three times a day. Very annoying! A hard-reset didn't help.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems with my Samsung Ativ S. I had random reboots before installing the GDR3 update also. Strange point to me is that it only happens when I'm on WiFi, sometimes more than three times a day. Very annoying! A hard-reset didn't help.

Strange, I have the same. I thought the bug was gone after Black-update. But like you said, on Wifi it can happen. it never happens otherwise. Must be some kind of bug with Wifi..

I only use 3G because of it.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting random reboots on my Nokia Lumia 1520 too. I have the developer preview, and cannot exactly explain it.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I used to have this happen on my 920, however it hasn't happened since I installed the developer's preview. Haven't seen it at all on my 1520 (although I've only had that for a few weeks so far).

Andrew_12191a

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Strange, I have the same. I thought the bug was gone after Black-update. But like you said, on Wifi it can happen. it never happens otherwise. Must be some kind of bug with Wifi..

I only use 3G because of it.

At my home I have a weak 3G signal so I always turn on WiFi. Maybe it's rebooting because of that weak signal? I also have the developers preview app on my phone. I've tried several things like take out the battery, removed some apps which I was hoping that they caused the reboot. Nothing of that worked so far...

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
since getting an ota update a few weeks ago, even though I was already running gdr3 dev preview, my atic s has been randomly freezing and rebooting everyday... im with rogers and this is driving me nuts!

Andrew_12191a

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
since getting an ota update a few weeks ago, even though I was already running gdr3 dev preview, my atic s has been randomly freezing and rebooting everyday... im with rogers and this is driving me nuts!
does that only happens when you are on WiFi and with a weak phone signal?

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Happened again while I was driving, I pushed the button on my headset to launch tell me and when she didn't respond, I glanced over at my screen and it was rebooting. I had WiFi,data,Bluetooth, on.

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just happened again. I had WiFi off and was driving. I'd just gotten off a call and pressed the button on my Bluetooth earpiece to launch tell me, then the phone rebooted...

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
same for me only when i updated with developer preview to 8.0.10521.155 on my HTC 8S , before that everything was OK...
i get a lots of reboots.

Last edited:

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess there is a reason why Lumia 1020 is still not on the latest build. Probably will be fixed in the near future. Mine reboots on and off and doesn't have a pattern that I notice. It is really random. Woke up this morning with my Lumia 1020 requesting for SIM PIN. I have done a hard reset and will monitor for a week or so to see if it happens again. Installed same apps and configured with same settings. Lets see!

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Can you Nokia guys redlash back to Gdr2+amber and verify if the reboots are happening?

Can Samsung people revert to Gdr2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium